Bed Sizes

Candygirl

Hi,

I hope someone can clarify something for me re the bed sizes in Oz.

I am looking online at KMart and they are only quoting either queen or double bed sizes.

Do they have kingsize beds in Oz? Also, is a queen the same size as a double?

Thanks.

Guest The Ropey HOFF

I will need a king sized bed then, i am a big guy, 6 foot 3 inch and i don't want my tallywhacker hanging out. Lol

Thanks for the info and link.

I am assuming that I would struggle to get bedding if we shipped our kingsize bed then?

The mattress is only 6 months old and we paid quite a bit for it.

You can get king sized bedlinen here, not sure if they sell in kmart or target but I've seen it at Myer/David Jones, plus there are a couple of shops that just sell bedlinen & towels , they would probably have it too. At one time it was hard to find but it seems to be getting more popular. Plus you can always buy it online from overseas.

Guest Guest31881

A lot of members ship their beds over, i think you will find a UK King Size is close to and Australian Queen size, But you can also bring bedding with you and a lot of members order their bedding from the UK, as with the exchange rate at the moment it is cheaper to import it than to buy here.

Thanks for the info and link.

I am assuming that I would struggle to get bedding if we shipped our kingsize bed then?

The mattress is only 6 months old and we paid quite a bit for it.

You can see the differences in sizes here between UK and Aus. UK king is more or less an Aus queen sized, few cms difference.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bed_size

TBH I'd buy extra bedding for your bed in the UK and ship it with the bed. Its what we are doing. Our bed cost a small fortune and no way am I leaving it and buying similar in Aus. It'll cost a bomb and will work out much cheaper to ship. Or you can just buy Queen sized bedding in Aus and it'll be a couple of cms bigger. Not really a problem IMHO.

Thanks for that image....you've put me off my ribs (cooked on the bbq of course!)Candygirl - I would ship it if you can and take bedding with you. Beds, mattresses and bedding are all quite expensive out here. Also, Next and Debenhams now deliver out here if you're looking for bedding and Marks & Spencer is in Bali if you need an excuse for a holiday...haha!

I have a 6ft bed, I am guessing they don't do them in Oz? It is a fabulous bed and the most comfortable bed I have found anywhere and I am bringing it over!

They do. That is an Aus king size, whereas uk its an emperor or super king or something daft. Hubby is always bemused at our UK 'king size' and calls its a double :P

Hi,

I hope someone can clarify something for me re the bed sizes in Oz.

I am looking online at KMart and they are only quoting either queen or double bed sizes.

Hi there

we havent shipped over our bed ( uk king size) but we did buy lots of bedding and towels in the UK and filled the drawers in our tallboy dresser with them and its on its way over here to Queensland and i am soooooo glad we did as even bedding in the sales here is still expensive compared to Next and Sainsburys !!!! got some right bargains in the Jan sales in the UK !!! lol and 1 that i brought in the case, the bottom fitted sheet only just fits the mattress on our Queen size Aussie bed here .lol

Archived