How long can parents legally stay in Australia whilst visiting.

scarlet mia

Hi thanks for the reply. I didnt realise they would have to have a visa to come for a holiday. I think my mum would like to come for 3 monthe at a time when she visits. Do you know the maximum length of stay is before you have to have a visa.

Thanks again

Hi thanks for the reply. I didnt realise they would have to have a visa to come for a holiday. I think my mum would like to come for 3 monthe at a time when she visits. Do you know the maximum length of stay is before you have to have a visa.

Thanks again

One can get an e-visa--just apply online and they will issue it in a couple of days. Valid for 3 month visit in the next 12months if I am correct--its there on the immi website.

Thanks again

You have to apply for a visa for any visit to Australia. UK citizens can apply for an eVisitor visa online for free - this is the simplest.

Mine went to Australia every year for 6 months and did that for 15 years before they decided that, at 80, their health was making travel insurance out of the question and the trip was getting a bit much for them (arrive in Aus in October, leave in March) but it worked for them while they could do it.

You need a visa of some sort to just set foot in Aus and wont be allowed on the plane at the other end if you dont have one.

Archived