Tradie shortfall set to worsen

Chardy

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Just shows how much in demand most skills are, i read somewhere else that over one million skilled workers will be needed in Australia in just over the next ten years, great news for all those looking at emigrating.

I need a dose of this every week............................ immigration is quite stressful, especially being self employed !!

cannot wait to get to Australia and start working like crazy, seems like many great opportunities for someone prepared to put in some hard graft.... bring it on !!

Guest scottiedog
Yes yes yes, next i,ll have the wooooorld, haaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaaa.:arghh:

No you will have what i leave you after i have taken everything i need haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

The problem with these articles is that they are written by people that have no experience of mining or how it works. Firstly, a guy such as a contract welder that comes to site a dozen times to do a couple of days each time is regarded as a dozen employees. Then when the mine is running most of the jobs that are in big demand are for specific skill sets such as mine engineers, drill and blast, geology, mine survey and others. Skills that are not common in UK immigrants. Even things like excavators are not the same as comparing a excavator on a iron ore mine to those in the UK is like saying driving a car is like driving a 220t dump truck

Guest guest57588
Australia needs MORE tradies??

Yes!:mad:

Just in case the Gillard Government plans to implement a 'Sausage Roll Tax' like Lord Snooty has in the UK. The impact upon 7-Elevens and petrol stations does not bear thinking about if that happens. Not without an even bigger army of (very short) shorts-wearing, high-vis vested men with empty bellies and an innate distrust of vegetables will they be safe.

Archived