Not a Graduate, 8+ expereince in IT, Fillling PR through RPL - Success Rate - Please

noob

I am not a graduate, but have 8+ Exp of IT, I am trying to file PR through ACS RPL, What chances do i have to qualify ?

Can anyone who has had this kinda issue or has any informtion about it . Please help

I am not a graduate, but have 8+ Exp of IT, I am trying to file PR through ACS RPL, What chances do i have to qualify ?

Can anyone who has had this kinda issue or has any informtion about it . Please help

Can anyone please help this is very critical for me please ?

Noob, I've replied to the same question of yours in another thread...

Just some tips - don't forget that not everyone on this site is in the UK - those that are may well be at work and unable to post during the day. Oz is between 7 and 11 hours ahead, so people there are in bed while you're awake, and you might not get instant answers to your questions. Posting the same question multiple times and posting replies on each of them trying to get people to answer will not generally win you any fans on internet forums (I'm a member of about 20 forums about different subjects). Take a look at the sticky posts in the Welcome section of the forum for advice on where to start, and guidelines on using the forum.

Cheers,

Vince

You have to have atleast something in IT a diploma.I don't think ACS will count your experience without any formal qualifications in your relevant field.Better check the assessment criteria on their website you will get a better picture.

I have no formal IT qualifications but 18 years experience in graphic design, web development, app development etc.

I did the RPL 2 years ago and got the green light as a developer programmer. It was very tough. I spent 50+ hours on 2 very detailed project reports and I also went through the Key Skills document which ended up being 10,000+ words.

If you know what you're talking about it's not too bad. You just have to be very thorough and back up what you are saying with real-world experiences.

Good Luck

Hi Noob,

we went this path and managed to get our 175 in Nov 2011. The RPL path is designed for people who have no formal titles in IT. Doing a RPL is very hard work as you have to provide max. detail on your previous education and career. It is important that your career and experience closely matches the job description ACS assesses you against. So if you try to get assessed as a Developer programmer, your job references + other information and your written reports should reflect this role for the past years. If you are able to provide matching information you should be fine. Most people who do not get a positive result have issues proving the neccessary job experience in the role ACS assesses. For example they provide 4 years of reference for system administration + 4 years for development work and hope that this is enough to prove their 8 years of experience as a developer programmer. Unfortunately this will not work. It has to be 8 years of experience as a developer programmer. They accept experience in closely related roles though. So a mixture of developer programmer, analyst programmer + Software analyst would propably be fine.

It is hard work to prepare all the neccessary information. It took us nearly 3 months and we had over 100 pages of information.

Wishing you the best of luck!

ODIN

Hi - Thanks Everyone

Let me give some more information about my case

- Have completed my schooling, but due to some real life constraints had to start working early could not complete college (grad)

- 8+ years in software testing

Trying to apply under skilled migrant visa.

I came here becuase i heard from someone its almost impossible for me to get through RPL :(

Can anyone guide me as to how can i get through RPL and PR process. Please do let me know if you need more informatoin.

Noob, I've replied to the same question of yours in another thread...

Just some tips - don't forget that not everyone on this site is in the UK - those that are may well be at work and unable to post during the day. Oz is between 7 and 11 hours ahead, so people there are in bed while you're awake, and you might not get instant answers to your questions. Posting the same question multiple times and posting replies on each of them trying to get people to answer will not generally win you any fans on internet forums (I'm a member of about 20 forums about different subjects). Take a look at the sticky posts in the Welcome section of the forum for advice on where to start, and guidelines on using the forum.

Cheers,

Vince

sorry about the trouble friend. I was just worried since someone told me that you can qualify for this. Wont happen again. My sincere appologies.

Hi - Thanks Everyone

- Have completed my schooling, but due to some real life constraints had to start working early could not complete college (grad)

I came here becuase i heard from someone its almost impossible for me to get through RPL :(

Can anyone guide me as to how can i get through RPL and PR process. Please do let me know if you need more informatoin.

Can Someone please respond in detail on this please.

Hi - Thanks Everyone

Hi Noob,

when doing the RPL path, your education is irrelevant. The only thing that matters is that you can prove 8 years of experience in the job you are trying to be assessed against.

Concerning PR: As far as I can see your Job as Software tester is currently not on the SOL list http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/sol/ of DIAC. That means you will not be able to go for a 175 PR with this job, even if you manage to be assessed positive on it by ACS. You can check if you are eligible for a State Sponsored 176 PR visa. This is basically the same as a 175, the only difference is that you will have to stay in a specific state during the first 2 years after arrival.

Summary: For PR your job needs to be on the SOL list or State Sponsorship list and you need a positive assessment by ACS. If you do not have formal qualifications you need to do an RPL. You will be able to pass this if you can prove 8 years of experience in the relevant job and if you show clear knowledge of the subject.

Hi Noob,

when doing the RPL path, your education is irrelevant. The only thing that matters is that you can prove 8 years of experience in the job you are trying to be assessed against.

Concerning PR: As far as I can see your Job as Software tester is currently not on the SOL list http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/sol/ of DIAC. That means you will not be able to go for a 175 PR with this job, even if you manage to be assessed positive on it by ACS. You can check if you are eligible for a State Sponsored 176 PR visa. This is basically the same as a 175, the only difference is that you will have to stay in a specific state during the first 2 years after arrival.

Summary: For PR your job needs to be on the SOL list or State Sponsorship list and you need a positive assessment by ACS. If you do not have formal qualifications you need to do an RPL. You will be able to pass this if you can prove 8 years of experience in the relevant job and if you show clear knowledge of the subject.[/quote

Thanks for the detailed informtion. Can you also provide me a link to the RPL report format, in which I would make my RPL report. I was unable to locate it on the immi website. Thanks for help in advance.

Hi Noob,

you must be careful not to mix things up. The RPL is done for the ACS assessment. Immi has nothing to do with this... They just want to see it :wink:

Info on this can be found at the ACS webpage:

http://www.acs.org.au/index.cfm?action=load&temID=skillassessment

There is an application form for the project reports there. The KAK (key areas of knowledge) part has no specific form set. You can also find all other requirements there as well.

There is a website which has RPL information and examples. The website is old and the info is only 100% relevant for the old 2010 process. But since the process is still similar, info is still useful.

http://www.rplhelp.co.uk/

Since the process is rather complicated and you have just started on this journey, I would recommend that you use a migration agent for the initial assessment. Due to the new Australian skillselect system, which will go live in July 2012, you do not have time to run into any errors... Getting a VISA after this date will be much harder and unpredictive...

Wishing you all the best!

• 1 month later...

Thannks a lot buddy, sorry for the late reply. I was busy with all other stuff in real life. I am awaiting my ACS results. My brother got a Case finalised today. I am waiting for mine. I need all your wishes.

hello noob,

looking at the ACS site (http://www.acs.org.au/index.cfm?action=show&conID=skillassessment) and opening the wizard guide (ICT Skills Assessment - Wizard Guide – help for choosing Application Type) from what I have read you "MAY" come out at line item 19 as below, have a go yourself. The RPL route isn't so bad once you get into your stride. i did 17k words all told for the 2 project reports and 6 of the sections (the first 3 are pretty manadatory I was told!)

"19 You may be eligible to apply for a Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) application. Please note that you will require at least eight (8) years of full time professional ICT work Visit our website for further important details on your 3 experience at least six (6) of which must be in a field closely related to your nominated occupation The current charge for an RPL is AUD$450.00."

Archived