Lodged our 457 Visa's today

Kerry Pollard

Guest sanlin56

Hi there, it took a total of 8 days for our visas to be issued, we attached all the paperwork that was required, best of luck.

Once issued what is the time span you have to get out there? 3 months, 6 months, 12 months.?

Also is there deffo no age limit on a 457? Reason I ask is that I have been on a previous post and a 46 year old obtained a visa yet I have been for an interview today, which is for a 457 visa, and being 44 I have been told there may be a problem if I am not in before 45??? I have until September if that is the case but I would hate to lose out if the employeer is going on information that may have been the case 4 years ago.

Thank you, don't know if this helps but we got told its a year from the day your nomination was accepted, just checked the immi website and it says it's been received and is being processed, I have realised its still weekend, so will just wait and see, hope I've attached everything, i thought once the visa was done, I'd stop stressing but now I'm stressing about if it's done right. Xxx what will be will be. Xxx

Guest sanlin56

Well just to make you feel better about it all, my wife and I just received our 457 visa and we are both in our early fifties.

Ours took 13 days we had to both have a medical due to living in Jordan. Good luck hope you are not waiting too long:-)

I keep checking the website but it's only been 5 days and our nomination took 7 days, so will just wait and see, a lot of people ,say they scanned in certified copies of their documents but I just scanned the originals in, I hope this is right. We're getting quite afew viewers at the min, so hopefully we get some one really interested, who wants to make an offer. Xx will keep u all informed, hope everyone elses plans are going ok and thank you all for your replys, I feel so much better that I'm not on my own. X

Kerry

Guest tgrindey

hi there can anyone tell me how long it takes for a company to get sponsorship so we can apply for a 457xx

Just out of interest..... Is there anyone that has gone across on a 457 visa, over the age of 45 and still managed to get PR?

Just wondering if there is a restriction on age for PR?

Or for those above at 46 and 50 that are on 457's are you likely to get PR if you apply?

Just wondering. Thanks.

Guest sanlin56

Hi there, please excuse my ignorance, what is "PR"? My wife and I are over 50 and we have our 457's and we will departing from the UK very soon for Australia, Thank you.

Just out of interest..... Is there anyone that has gone across on a 457 visa, over the age of 45 and still managed to get PR?

Just wondering if there is a restriction on age for PR?

Or for those above at 46 and 50 that are on 457's are you likely to get PR if you apply?

Just wondering. Thanks.

They are looking to increase the upper limit on a 457 to 50 in July, it is currently 45 unless under exceptional circumstances. They increased the PR upper age limit to 50 last year.

Once issued what is the time span you have to get out there? 3 months, 6 months, 12 months.?

Also is there deffo no age limit on a 457? Reason I ask is that I have been on a previous post and a 46 year old obtained a visa yet I have been for an interview today, which is for a 457 visa, and being 44 I have been told there may be a problem if I am not in before 45??? I have until September if that is the case but I would hate to lose out if the employeer is going on information that may have been the case 4 years ago.

Yep that 46 yr old was me!!

Archived