money?

jacquena

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the money more than enough & 3 properties but going with the exchange rate as it is cant bring myself to throw it down the drain when I can wait till it all improves.

No one is suggesting you sell up.. But where there is a will, there is a way. Personally, I won't put my UK house up for sale until there is some kind of recovery. That hasn't placed my life on hold though, happily in Oz since last April.

I have the money more than enough & 3 properties but going with the exchange rate as it is cant bring myself to throw it down the drain when I can wait till it all improves.

Take it your not going anytime soon then. Maybe when you get there we could all meet for a drink and discuss you letting us out one of your many properties from your empire. Erm ill put a date in my diary for.....2030? Stop spreading negativity Sir Alan.

Take it your not going anytime soon then. Maybe when you get there we could all meet for a drink and discuss you letting us out one of your many properties from your empire. Erm ill put a date in my diary for.....2030? Stop spreading negativity Sir Alan.

Take everything Kirk says with a pinch of salt, if you read over his old posts he is:

a. A business owner, doing very well.

b. A business owner, who has lost it all.

c. A property magnate, who got into the market as everyone else was getting out.

He does remain constant in asserting you need megabucks to settle in Australia. Presumably because he doesn't and can use a lack of funds to justify never making the move.

Take everything Kirk says with a pinch of salt, if you read over his old posts he is:

c. A property magnate, who got into the market as everyone else was getting out.

He does remain constant in asserting you need megabucks to settle in Australia. Presumably because he doesn't and can use a lack of funds to justify never making the move.

Ha ha ha thanks peach, Iv felt under the weather all day and this post has just had me and my husband in stitches. Hilarious :) x

Here we go again another $15k debate........you will need at least $150k loose change and a lottery win to succeed in Oz.......well that's what someone quoted not long ago? Good luck with the lotto on weds and euro millions on Friday. I personally will only be going with $15k and I will be mostly busking eating bread and drinking water and sending the wife out 3 times a week for "special

Work" good luck with your $15k you will be fine!

hi any chance you could toast the bread, and i will bring the jam............mind you i thought of trying to send the wife out on "special work" too, but worried if i have to give refunds :biglaugh:

Difference is kirk iam here and done it all very recently with that exact amount. Yes it is dear over here especially if you eat out etc, but you cut your cloth accordingly. The exchange rate is what it is, people make me smile when going on about how they will lose money etc they've never had it so they haven't lost it. What most people forget is it is totally different once your here earning the dollar as you get paid accordingly. My wife earns more money working part time than she did full time in the uk, I'm earning double what I was in the uk, all whilst your still sat in the uk giving negative thoughts to everyone. I also have 2 houses I cannot sell in the uk am I bothered No the reason why my life is so much better over here and I wouldn't swap it for anything. All I'm saying is your not here so your not really in a place to reply accurately.

Some have it & some dont lol so I take it your in the dont part. If you pm me I will give you the info so you can look up my records if you are that keen.

sorry but how do i do that as am new to all this lol?

Sorry if you look under the forum "reccie and arrival reports" on home page, list on left hand side under sub-heading travel & recreation it should be there. I know its for Brisbane but should give you an idea x

How soon you start earning is the biggest factor.

You need to figure out how long that money will last you without any income. (I'm in the process of doing the same for when we move back to the UK)

It's all very well for people to say "you'll be fine" but you need to have a plan B in case you run out of money before you get jobs. You still have to pay rent and bills even if you don't eat! That's not being negative just realistic.

That amount would probably last you a few months if you are careful, don't forget to factor in start up costs like rental bond and a car which will take a chunk out of it.

Hi we will be going on £15K +/- including paying for visas and flights from that. We reckon we'll have about £8K left after that. We are a family of 5 and will be willing to take any job that comes along and if necessary a smaller rental for 6 months just to get us over there. We have the prospect of a good wage once we settle and find our jobs but are realistic that this might not happen immediately. We do have the advantage that my husband is a citizen so we are entitled to additional support if it all goes a bit sour, whereas most visas have a 2 year wait for the equivalent of income support etc. But like you we don't have a house to sell, we are clearing our debts before going just so any money we earn is ours and like a pp said we will cut our cloth accordingly.