money?

jacquena

hi there, we have joined an company to help us move to oz called GO MATILDA and paid the first bit to start the ball rolling now we have been told by friends here that you need alot of money in your bank to move like when you sell your house here you would take the money over and start again but we havent a house we only rent so we would have alot we would of saved like £15'000 to go with but will that be enough can anyone help as i know companys might tell us yer thats fine and take our money knowing that we will get a no at the end of it so just wanted some advise of people who have been through it please?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't speak for how much money money you'll need, but Go Matilda are highly respected and one of the good guys when it comes to agents. They wouldn't be handling your file if they didn't 100% believe that you'll get a visa at the end of it.

I aggree, ive heard great things with regards to Go Matilda, i dont think you have anything to worry about...

thankyou everyone thats put me at ease we are hopefully heading to perth but someone told me about paradise something its called on the other side so going to look into that, just could someone get back to me about how much money we would need because like i said we havent a house to sell so we would of saved up about £15'000 do you think that will be enough?

thankyou everyone thats put me at ease we are hopefully heading to perth but someone told me about paradise something its called on the other side so going to look into that, just could someone get back to me about how much money we would need because like i said we havent a house to sell so we would of saved up about £15'000 do you think that will be enough?

Hey Jacquena,

After visas, flights, moving the dogs and shipping out stuff over we will have, at the most £15,000. We will have jobs to go over to which is making me feel a bit more secure. I think it should be plenty. Just watch what you spend instead of being in holiday mode and you should be fine. You cant spend what you dont have right? xx

And your here already are you kirk? We came over with £15k gbp which gave us $22500 we managed fine here in Perth. You just need to shop around and be careful.

Here, here. £15,000 is plenty as long as your careful. Australia is expensive but sometimes people on these forums make me laugh. Only the other day someone was saying you need a min of £50,000. If I had or others had that money to splash around i doubt most would be uprooting their whole life's to emigrate. xx

yer what i mean tho we will have flights and shipping costs to come out of that, so i dont know what we will have left do you think we should save up more?

Hey Jacquena,

Im not there yet but iv visited Australia a few times and my close friend is a citizen so my input is from research not actual life events. I think it depends on your plans, how many of you there are and where your moving to. For example a big cost is temp accomodation so my husband and I are staying in a hostel @$20 a night for a few weeks which is saving us quite a bit. I got offered a job in Sydney but looked at cost of living to what we would have and ended up turning it down to move to a cheaper part of the country.

We will move near public transport so that we dont have to rely on buying a car immediately as they are a massive expense once there, and basically, just live to our means. If we cant afford a TV on arrival we wont buy one until we are both bringing in the $'s.

A big mistake and one that can make you panic is taking what people say on here as fact, like i said i have had conversations with people who say you need £50,000 minimum which is not true.

Another factor would be jobs, will you have one to go out to?? Look at rent, food and bills to your wage and see if you will be living within your means.

The guy who offered me a job, established himself pretty well on £7k. xx

Just wondering how many of you there are as this will impact on the cost of flights and living? What part of Oz are you looking at; Sydney mega expensive for example. Also how much have you allowed for shipping or are the flights and shipping included in a relocation package in which case it wouldn't come out of the £15,000. Will you have a job to go to? Without a bit more info, it's difficult for folk to give advice.

Here we go again another $15k debate........you will need at least $150k loose change and a lottery win to succeed in Oz.......well that's what someone quoted not long ago? Good luck with the lotto on weds and euro millions on Friday. I personally will only be going with $15k and I will be mostly busking eating bread and drinking water and sending the wife out 3 times a week for "special

Work" good luck with your $15k you will be fine!

Here, here. £15,000 is plenty as long as your careful. Australia is expensive but sometimes people on these forums make me laugh. Only the other day someone was saying you need a min of £50,000. If I had or others had that money to splash around i doubt most would be uprooting their whole life's to emigrate. xx
And your here already are you LOL.