Fossicking Around Australia

Bobj

OMG that opal is fab and a million times better that the milky white rubbish I see in UK

I cant imagine how fab it would be when finished

absolutely stunning wow

Is that the boulder opal I put up? If so, it will not be cut up; it goes to my son when I kick the bucket.

Cheers, Bobj.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Pom Queen

I received a lovely birthday present off my son, well two in fact.

I am really proud of what he is achieving at such a young age, he is only 12.

Here they are.

This is the rock he found with BobJ they cut it in half and kept half each, I felt left out as it was such a beautiful piece so he took a small slab and created it in to a beautiful broach

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Guest The Pom Queen

Then another very special member who is close to my heart :hug: and is also very talented found and cabbed (shaped) a beautiful opal by hand. This very special person then entrusted it in to my care. I decided that I would have it made in to a pendant. I asked at the mineral club but a few people said they wouldn't touch it, one gentleman wanted to take it home but I wouldn't let him. I then went around a number of jewellers until I found one who didn't send them away and I told her that it held great sentimental value to me and she had to take care of it. Anyway today I got it back. The photos don't do it justice and you can't see the gold clasp at the bottom but I can tell you its proudly now around my neck.

image.jpg

image.jpg

• 1 month later...
Me and you will have to sneak out when I visit and go of to Duncan road:wink:

Also when I visit is it possible to go and find some more crayfish fossils as I really like them

Sure can. The tide is good for the week and I would like to take you to the quartz-in-basalt at the left side of the Cape Hillsborough resort.

Cheers, Bobj.