Skill assessment and RPL Drama...

Peaceinoz

[h=2][/h]

I had my Skills assessed by ACS and the assessment recognised my Bachelors of commerce as comparable to Aus Bachelors degree with insufficient ICT content and
therefore doesnt meet requirements for a qualification as prescribed in PIM3.

ACS however recognised my Work Experience.

I am once again considering applying for skill assessment (
261112 SYSTEMS ANALYST)
and also filled the PASA Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) doco in which I have to submit Project reports.

My Qualification (Bachelors of Commerce ) and RPL and Work Exp (6 Yrs 2 Mths relevant skill) are now ready for Skills assessment..

I consulted this with a lawyer and his opinion is that the ACS may award a skill assessment but may knock off a couple of Yrs from my W.Exp setting off the ICT content.

Is this correct.. Opinions pls..

If that is the case,it will be difficult to apply for PR under subclass 175 as I may lose points for my W.Exp.

Guest heidim

Not sure if my post will be useful, as I don't know about 'system analyst' assessment. But here goes anyway: we had accountant assessment done and they told us that they do not give credit to work experience done while still studying. They only give credit for work experience after your last year of studies.... not sure if this is universal or only applicable to accounting...

Well my Work Experience is post education..

My main query was if my Edu Qualification is B.COM with insufficient ICT content(I have done certification courses though: RHCE, MCP, ORacle) and my RPL project Report will give me a Positive Skill Assessment Letter. I have total of 6Yrs W.Exp in the nominated category..

I learnt from my lawyer that they may take away some Yrs from your W.Exp to set off against the insufficient ICT category to award me the Skill commensurate..

PLS HELP Ppl......

Guest heidim

Good luck! I hope you get an answer soon! Maybe chat to another migration agent to get their opinion? Maybe post your question in "general skilled migration - the future". It's a sticky. Sometimes the migration agents answer there...

They knocked work experience off mine, I have 10 years and was awarded 7 years, all I can say is make sure your work experience letters (Reference Letters) cover everything in detail, lack of detail will mean a reduction and they probably only have a short amount of time to look at all of this.

Hi there,

I was hoping you could give some information on filling out Sections 2-4 of the PASA form. When you completed this this form, did you write your projects reoprts on the PASA in the templates or did you write your project report on a seperate word document? Sorry I'm not assisting with your actual query, but I've have everything complete now except for the PASA form and project reports, and don't want to mess it up. I've seen lots of word documents on the web shoring project reports, so not sure what is the best way of submitting the reports.

Thanks,

Paul

• 10 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi, I know you are already in Australia now as per your location,

can you tell me how many year they counted in ur RPL?

I had my Skills assessed by ACS and the assessment recognised my Bachelors of commerce as comparable to Aus Bachelors degree with insufficient ICT content and
therefore doesnt meet requirements for a qualification as prescribed in PIM3.

ACS however recognised my Work Experience.

I am once again considering applying for skill assessment (
261112 SYSTEMS ANALYST)
and also filled the PASA Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) doco in which I have to submit Project reports.

My Qualification (Bachelors of Commerce ) and RPL and Work Exp (6 Yrs 2 Mths relevant skill) are now ready for Skills assessment..

I consulted this with a lawyer and his opinion is that the ACS may award a skill assessment but may knock off a couple of Yrs from my W.Exp setting off the ICT content.

Is this correct.. Opinions pls..

If that is the case,it will be difficult to apply for PR under subclass 175 as I may lose points for my W.Exp.

Archived