Redundancy victim before Xmas

dunesurfer

Hi Everyone,

Just thought I'd ask as I live in Canberra. Being a foreigner in the IT Sector in Canberra it is not easy finding a job. Even being before Xmas won't make it easier either as most places will be closed. So I turn for people on here for help.

If anyone know of up and coming openings in your company, private sector, that will need an IT guy please let me know. I have a transferable 457 visa.

It would be much appreciated.

Thank you

I think the only right you have is to leave the country within 28 days and if you havent been employed for long then you go with the salary that you have worked for plus any accrued leave entitlements.

Sorry this is happening to you at a really difficult time for finding another employer

Actually a friend of mine just landed a new job within 2 weeks of leaving.

His new job is a Business Analyst in IT in Melbourne.

He told me there are heaps of jobs going at the moment.

Check out seek.com.au. Not sure about Canberra, but look at Melbourne and Sydney too.

On a 457 visa you have 28 days to find a new job and transfer the visa (if the new employer is willing). If you don't find one within 28 days of leaving your last one they may ask you to leave the country unless you can sort another visa out. One of the perils of a 457 visa I'm afraid. Are you tied to the ACT? You may have more luck in WA

I can go and work anywhere and my visa in transferable. ACT is a tough state because 99% of the jobs advertise for AUSTRALIANS ONLY. (Due to having to get security clearance) That said on top of it being holiday with everything closed, trying to find anything goes to zero.

Can anyone tell me if the 176 visa is allowed on the following or not?

OCCUPATION ANZSCO CODE ASSESSING AUTHORITY

Hardware Technician 313111 TRA

ICT Customer Support Officer 313112 TRA

These two jobs above are my line. I applied for about everything out there at the moment. Again won't hear anything back till in the near year when companies open up back from holiday. I hear letting people go before Xmas is quite common here in Oz leaving you between hell and the deep blue sea in a foreign country.

Archived