Airmail posting cards to UK for Cristmas

ozziepom

Guest Guest31881

I would say now, as normally it can take 10 days Christmas needs a bit longer.

I use Moonpig.com for my cards purchase the card on line and its posted in the UK for you at whatever date you choose. Cost is around $5 a card and you can personalise them, It save all the hassle of buying a card and paying for airmail from Australia

I would say now, as normally it can take 10 days Christmas needs a bit longer.

I use Moonpig.com for my cards purchase the card on line and its posted in the UK for you at whatever date you choose. Cost is around $5 a card and you can personalise them, It save all the hassle of buying a card and paying for airmail from Australia

We use moonpig but i order off the uk site as the exchange rate is good for us so it works out cheaper, it will default to aus but in the top right hand corner you can change the flag to uk :0)

Jo

Guest Guest31881
We use moonpig but i order off the uk site as the exchange rate is good for us so it works out cheaper, it will default to aus but in the top right hand corner you can change the flag to uk :0)

Jo

Hmmm, useful information. Never looked at that, I order from the Australian site and I know they are posted in UK.....I will look at that next time I use the site. (Ordered all my cards two days ago) :arghh:

Guest JemGerrard

Just a word of advice - which many still dont know - packages from oz (outside the EU) to the UK can be eligiable to pay VAT on at 20%.

So the recipient may (the rules/application are hazy) get a 20% bill on Aussie prices as well as their present!

Guest Guest31881
Just a word of advice - which many still dont know - packages from oz (outside the EU) to the UK can be eligiable to pay VAT on at 20%.

So the recipient may (the rules/application are hazy) get a 20% bill on Aussie prices as well as their present!

VAT is due on goods given as presents over £40 in value.

http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsPortalWebApp/channelsPortalWebApp.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=pageTravel_ShowContent&id=HMCE_CL_000014&propertyType=document#P28_2966

Thats the customs page that details charges for good entering UK

Guest JemGerrard
VAT is due on goods given as presents over £40 in value.

http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsPortalWebApp/channelsPortalWebApp.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=pageTravel_ShowContent&id=HMCE_CL_000014&propertyType=document#P28_2966

Thats the customs page that details charges for good entering UK

Thanks I have read that - but if you bought a gift from an online aussie or outside the EU shop which directly shipped it to the recipient in the UK, my understanding is at 15£ VAT would be payable.

But yes - VAT is an issue. over £15 or £40.

Guest Guest31881
Thanks I have read that - but if you bought a gift from an online aussie or outside the EU shop which directly shipped it to the recipient in the UK, my understanding is at 15£ VAT would be payable.

But yes - VAT is an issue. over £15 or £40.

I am willing to bet if it is not sent from a private address then they would start charging at £15. I think you would be correct in that assumption.

I know earlier in the year we had a member make some Wedding outfits for her daughter to save money, posted them from Australia to the UK and when they got there, VAT was added and customs duty because of the value they were insured for. It ended up costing the same if not a bit more than if she had purchased them ready made in the UK.