Where to stay in Melbourne area on reccie trip?

Jlew

Hi, we'll be in Melbourne during April as part if our reccie trip. Looking to rent a house for the week and just wondering where the best location would be? Mornington area looks good but advice / suggestions would be much appreciated.

Also, any sites / agents better than others to use / book through?

Many thanks!

Guest The Pom Queen

Mornington is stunning especially if you are wanting to make a holiday out of it, if you are using the week to see where you want to live (probably depends on work/commuting times) then it may be better to be closer to the city that way you can cover both East and West.

Personally though I think Mornington is the best area in Melbourne x

Mornington is stunning especially if you are wanting to make a holiday out of it, if you are using the week to see where you want to live (probably depends on work/commuting times) then it may be better to be closer to the city that way you can cover both East and West.

Personally though I think Mornington is the best area in Melbourne x

Thanks! It's a bit of both so flexible on where we stay. No jobs lined up or anything like that, but want to try and get a feel for the different areas :)

Hi, we did our reccie trip in Feb this year and stayed in Mount Martha which was great. We stayed in a 2 bed apartment. - google Apartment 119 Mount Martha. I know the owners were thinking about selling it, but it may still be there. I'd recommend this location though as it was close enough to the city, but still away from it. Mount Eliza is a lovely place to look at with a great feel and lovely choice of houses.

Hope this helps.

Hi, we did our reccie trip in Feb this year and stayed in Mount Martha which was great. We stayed in a 2 bed apartment. - google Apartment 119 Mount Martha. I know the owners were thinking about selling it, but it may still be there. I'd recommend this location though as it was close enough to the city, but still away from it. Mount Eliza is a lovely place to look at with a great feel and lovely choice of houses.

Hope this helps.

Is that near Mornington?

Hi, it's about 4 miles down the coast from Mornington. It's a quiet place, but with a new shopping area built in the new houses, but if you stay on the coast side of the main road it's just lovely. I'd go back there tomorrow if I had a chance, but we're now moving to Canberra next year, but would love to move to Mount Eliza/Martha one day.

I've put the link below for you. The owners were very helpful and gave some good advice on areas to live etc. More than happy to share some of our views with you as we travelled near enough everywhere looking for places to live.

http://www.apartment119.com/welcome.html

That's great, thank you! Looks nice on the site and I have sent them an email.

Hi, it's about 4 miles down the coa

st from Mornington. It's a quiet place, but with a new shopping area built in the new houses, but if you stay on the coast side of the main road it's just lovely. I'd go back there tomorrow if I had a chance, but we're now moving to Canberra next year, but would love to move to Mount Eliza/Martha one day.

I've put the link below for you. The owners were very helpful and gave some good advice on areas to live etc. More than happy to share some of our views with you as we travelled near enough everywhere looking for places to live.

http://www.apartment119.com/welcome.html

Archived