What year will my sons be in

derham

what month/year were they born?

Here in WA - my son is now 12 (sept 99) and is in year 6 at the moment

My daughter is 16 (feb 95) and is in year 11 now

eg if your child was born between 1st July - 30th June 2001 they will be in year 6 in 2012 (here in WA)

what month/year were they born?

Here in WA - my son is now 12 (sept 99) and is in year 6 at the moment

My daughter is 16 (feb 95) and is in year 11 now

eg if your child was born between 1st July - 30th June 2001 they will be in year 6 in 2012 (here in WA)

Thanks Ali my youngest was born on 28th June 2000 and the oldest 24th March 1997, so if we move next July/August do you know what year they will be in.

As Ali said, when are their birthdays and which state do you intend to go to?

Information is here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Education_in_Australia (scroll down to find cut off dates)

Thanks Quoll the link was a big help, I assume if we move next July/August my youngest will be in year 7 (he will be 12 next June) and next Feb he would start year 8?

Thanks Quoll the link was a big help, I assume if we move next July/August my youngest will be in year 7 (he will be 12 next June) and next Feb he would start year 8?

Theoretically yes, he could be in year 7 but you might want to rethink that as his birthday is just two days before the cut off date and he will be the youngest in the group. Generally kids with birthdays close to the cut off tend to wait an extra year before starting school. Unless he is exceptionally socially competent, physically well developed and above average academically I would tend to err on the side of caution and give him the extra year (IMHO!) That would give him the full year of primary and a bit more before launching into HS

Thanks for the info, A lot to think about. He is one of the top in his class and gets on well. I would be concerned holding him back for what would be a year and a half in our terms. It's a lot but I totally understand what you mean. This migration lark has a lot of off shoots that need to be considered closely:wacko:

Thanks for the info, A lot to think about. He is one of the top in his class and gets on well. I would be concerned holding him back for what would be a year and a half in our terms. It's a lot but I totally understand what you mean. This migration lark has a lot of off shoots that need to be considered closely:wacko:

Foreign country, different systems, you wont be holding him back at all, you will be putting him with his age peers. It only becomes an issue if it all goes pear shaped and you want to get him back into the UK system

Archived