Options 457 visa or graduate nursing program?

Nursebucko

Hello all,

Just wanted to ask a few questions if I may...I am currently in my 2nd yr of Nurse training...and am really wanting to emigrate to be with my family who are in Australia once i qualify.

Have just been told about the 457 visa, where you can go on a temp visa for 4 yrs, and be sponsored by an employer. The only worry I have with this one, is how easy is it to get a hospital to sponsor you? Do they generally want at least a few yrs work experience after qualifying?

Alternatively is the Graduate Nurse program the way to go? Where I can possibly apply to one of the hospitals and get on one of these, straight from uni? But how do you that with what visa?? Am really confused!

Can anyone help by having experienced either of these?

Many thanks

Sarah

• 1 month later...

Thanks for that, I have checked out Ramsay Health, thank you very useful website. I have emailed them about their grad program, as still not sure what visa I would need. So shall wait and see..hope your application is going well...where abouts are you going?

No probs, hopefully they'll get back to you with some options. My job is in Hollywood Private Hospital in Nedlands, Perth. Just waiting on my AHPRA registration at the mo, I need that before I can apply for my 457 visa. It takes forever so if i were you i would apply for it asap when you finish your course.

Guest rachie27

i have a job at Sir charles Gairdner in perth ( next door to hollywood hospital) i just emailed the nursing recruitment at the hospital. i am going on a 457 with the cardiology department. i also have 3 years post reg experience

Archived