Kerbside Treasures!

Harpersgirl

Its junk collection day tomoro in Winthrop so I thought I'd post to let any new arrivals know that its quite a good way to pick up bits and pieces you might need to start you off in an unfurnished rental.

Its worth keeping an eye out for these collection days... we picked up a brand new bag of beans for refilling our bean bags, a boogie board, a couple of noodles for the kids and a chest of drawers which my crafty daughter is going to tart up for her bedroom.... All for the grand price of nowt!!!! :biggrin:

Its a bit strange to start off but then you see lots of other cheapskates doing the same thing, you find your bit of treasure and you're away lol :jimlad:

My other half and older son have just gone out to see if they can beat our haul!

Think of it as Bargain Hunt in the sun :wink:

Guest guest17301

We picked up a set of solid wood bunkbeds when we arrived, the nuts and bolts for assembly very kindly bagged up and taped to it!

Lol we did the same up here in Newcastle. We got loads of kids books & toys. A rug which looks brand new and a glider chair :o)

I saw people driving round in vans picking over the stuff outside each house. The councils love it, less for them to collect. Look on the council website for when the swanky suberbs are having their collection, better class of goods ;o)

You lot are braver (and probably richer!) than me, i would be mortified if someone saw me.

lol

I remember finding it a strange concept when I saw it happening in the Netherlands. But once I got past that I would often find things to bring home to use in my apartment.

The funny thing in Germany was they would have collection days like this once a month but if you tried to take stuff from the street the people who had put it out would come out and tell you off (if they were around to see it). Perhaps just wasn't the accepted thing to do in the outer suburbs of Hamburg. Too classy to have people sifting through their junk :cute: I'd just go along at midnight and find loads of good stuff.

Guest guest17301

One mans junk is anothers treasure! We put out a lot of rubbish but Id be happy for anyone to take it...better in someone elses house than in landfill....todays throwaway society is a shocker. Sign up to Freecycle if you agree.

One mans junk is anothers treasure! We put out a lot of rubbish but Id be happy for anyone to take it...better in someone elses house than in landfill....todays throwaway society is a shocker. Sign up to Freecycle if you agree.

Absolutely and i have absolutely no problem with anyone taking the crap I put out, I just couldn't do it. Probably why I have no money!!!

Guest Pete the Feet

When you say throw away society do you mean condoms, play toys and other material to do with your brothel?

Guest guest17301
Absolutely and i have absolutely no problem with anyone taking the crap I put out, I just couldn't do it. Probably why I have no money!!!

Walking the dog one night, OH had to steer me back to his side of road with a stern NO! as I veered across to look at a nice outdoor cane furniture set....shameless me:laugh: I wish I lived in Floreat or City beach, killed me to go past stuff in my work car when i worked those areas!

Me too .... and the stuff we throw out is literally Junk

I feel bad about the absolute rubbish we've chucked out Ali after picking up the stuff we've picked up today!

PS My husband works in Floreat Fiona....We will soooooo be looking out for their collection day! :yes:

Guest mickdave

we were in melville a few weeks ago and seen some kids surfing down the street on a double bed lol

also seen a really good dishwasher

people just throw away good stuff

Archived