sills assessment

THE HULLS

Hi there, any one at the start of the long process like us???

We,re currently gonna apply for skills assessment (i,m a nurse) and just looking at the form looks a tad long... lol.. just wondering if anyone has completed one recently and how did they find it. And what docs do they need for me...My passport photocopied/ marraige cert/ nursing qual ect ect..

Any help would be great.. thanx Linda .x:biggrin:

Going on 176 and would love to be in Perth by sept 2012!!!.

Hi there the skills process too a while, it's intensive filling in the forms and gathering the docs, my advice would be to chip away at it day by day, the same with everything else, it will be less tiring.

As for the docs I had to certify everything, birth, quals, employment refs, it varies on the time to process but was two months for me.

Best of luck, medical seems to be in great demand.

It is time consuming gathering all the paperwork together and getting it all certified. My application process from start to finish took 9 weeks. That was due to some of the documents getting lost on the way there. I would recommend getting a couple of each document certified, just in case.

Yes a solicitor is fine for skills assessment with ANMAC. I used a solicitor and had no problems. £2 per copy. When you need to supply documents for your nursing registration with AHPRA you will need a notary of the public or equivalent as they will not accept a solicitor!!

Good luck :0)

Guest catrinaburns

Does anyone know if every page needs certified? For eg im attaching job descriptions to my professional references, is it ok to just get the front page certified?? Sorry if im being dumb!!

Does anyone know if every page needs certified? For eg im attaching job descriptions to my professional references, is it ok to just get the front page certified?? Sorry if im being dumb!!

You just need the "document" certified so front page is fine .:wink:

Guest catrinaburns
I would get every page certified to be on the safe side. I am sure I read on one of the forums where an application was delayed because not all of the papers were certified[/quote

This process is sooo stressful but will hopefully be worth it!! Thanks again for all your help!

It is time consuming gathering all the paperwork together and getting it all certified. My application process from start to finish took 9 weeks. That was due to some of the documents getting lost on the way there. I would recommend getting a couple of each document certified, just in case.

thank you.. wat all documents do u need.. as i work shifts and trying to get sorted a bit of a nightmare.. thanx soo much for your advice so far..x:eek:

thank you.. wat all documents do u need.. as i work shifts and trying to get sorted a bit of a nightmare.. thanx soo much for your advice so far..x:eek:

You will need certified copies of the following:

Birth certificate

Change of name/marriage certificate

Passport sized photo

Initial registration certificate (statement of entry when you first registered with the NMC)

Graduation certificate

Professional reference

Employment statements

The following need to be sent directly from:

Uni. to. ANMAC Transcripts of training showing theory and practical hours

NMC to. ANMAC. Verification of registration

College to. ANMAC. IELTS test report form

Best of luck!!!

If you have any other queries ask away :0)

You will need certified copies of the following:

Birth certificate

Change of name/marriage certificate

Passport sized photo

Initial registration certificate (statement of entry when you first registered with the NMC)

Graduation certificate

Professional reference

Employment statements

The following need to be sent directly from:

Uni. to. ANMAC Transcripts of training showing theory and practical hours

NMC to. ANMAC. Verification of registration

College to. ANMAC. IELTS test report form

Best of luck!!!

If you have any other queries ask away :0)

Thank you so so much.. much appreciated.. good luck with your journey and hope u get ur visa thru soon, where you heading to?? we,re heading to Perth area. hope to be ther end 2012 or defo early 2013. xx

No problem. It's nice now I can help others on here too now. I had no idea what I was doing at the beginning and without others help I would have been stuck!!

We are hoping to head to the gold coast middle of next year. They appear to be processing the 175's quickly at the mo, so I am hoping to have a case officer by the end of the year (fingers crossed).

Good luck with your skills assessment. I found this part the most stressful, but will be worth it xx

No problem. It's nice now I can help others on here too now. I had no idea what I was doing at the beginning and without others help I would have been stuck!!

We are hoping to head to the gold coast middle of next year. They appear to be processing the 175's quickly at the mo, so I am hoping to have a case officer by the end of the year (fingers crossed).

Good luck with your skills assessment. I found this part the most stressful, but will be worth it xx

Hi coral , just an update, i,ve asked the NMC for my documents so hope fully get this process on the road now... hope u hear good news about your visa asap..

Thanx again for your help and advice..Linda:laugh:

Guest mandajay

Hi there,

I don't know about the ANMAC as i'm going on the 457 so didn't need to do it. However APHRA.....thats a different kettle of fish!

Easiest way is to download the list of 'required documents' from the website, collect them all, photocopy them all, and then go to your local courthouse and ask them to be certified.

You have to stand in the dock and read the oath! all very formal and a bit intimidating, but it only cost me £25 for them all and believe me theres loads! and they also took a copy which was certified so i ended up with 2 copies of each.

Make sure you post it recorded and then reach for the valium!

They have got to be the slowest organisation in history!

I sent mine in June, they took the payment straight away but didn't put it into processing unitil 1st of August!

To e-mail them is a nightmare as they don't send you anything informative back and thats pretty much the same when you ring!

By the time i get my registration i may be too old to work!!!! lol

Maybe i'm just impatient but i thought id warn you of the possible waits ahead xx

Manda

Sorry to jump in on this conversation but it looks like i am at the same stage as you The Hulls! we are in applying for our skills assessments at the moment. I have been gathering all of my documents for anmac - we met with a solicitor last week to get all of our documents certified.

I have an application form from the NMC for verification of registration request but on the form you can put numerous addresses.. do i just put down anmac or shall i put ahpra too? i have heard that anmac will send documents onto ahpra when they have finished with them... does anyone know if this is true?

would be lovely to stay in touch with you through the process The Hulls x

Guest mandajay

Hi The Hulls..

I edged my bets!

It doesn't cost anything so I sent it to the 3 cities that we were looking at at the time!

Either way I was sure at least one would get to them!

Think I might try ringing them again tomorrow!!! It will cost me another small fortune but I move out of my house tomorrow too so I am desperate to get things moving again!

Good luck everyone

Keep me posted x

Manda

Sorry to jump in on this conversation but it looks like i am at the same stage as you The Hulls! we are in applying for our skills assessments at the moment. I have been gathering all of my documents for anmac - we met with a solicitor last week to get all of our documents certified.

I have an application form from the NMC for verification of registration request but on the form you can put numerous addresses.. do i just put down anmac or shall i put ahpra too? i have heard that anmac will send documents onto ahpra when they have finished with them... does anyone know if this is true?

would be lovely to stay in touch with you through the process The Hulls x

Hiya, yes would be great to keep in contact through out the process.. so then we can keep each other sane lol.. i,m waiting on the nmc to sent me the application pack and as i havn,t seen it i,m not sure if you put aphra address down too.. like you say anmac said they would forward all documents to aphra if you request this. I havn,t got my letter from my employer yet.. what did that entale as my manager will prob ask me that!!! xx:wink:

Archived