State Sponsorship / Vetassess for WA

Minxey

We received the courier yesterday. It says

Qualification: is at the required level

Field of Study: The qualification is not in a highly relavent field of study

Employment assessed: The employment described does not meet the minimum requirement. tasks undertaken are not highly relevant to the ANZSCO tasks for the nominated occupation.

This is real BS because my hubby's jd is above and beyond what their requriement was. In fact what was mentioned against the ANZSCO tasks is all there as part of this JD.

DO you think we should write to them and ask for a clarification and then do a re-assessment.

you can apply for reassessment but I am not sure how much time it will take. you will need to detail each job responsibility as described in the ANZSCO and explain how the tasks performed correlate to it. additionally you can add references from his managers which would support what you write. Ideally while submitting the application it is best to ensure that the employment reference letter mirrors the ANZSCO tasks and uses similar keywords.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Priscillagonsalves,

Thanks for that, the problem is I have no qualifications except for a Certificate in Computers and Business Management which i did in 1992, do you think this would be ok? I just have 17 years experience, with a number of City and Guilds Certificates picked up for various different parts of Property Management.

Yes if you documents evidencing the 17 years of work , it should not be a problem

among the questions you asked originally you referred to band 8. that is the score band on IELTS. A band 8 would mean that you have scored 8 and above in each individual section of IELTS i.e. Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking. If you score above 8 you can claim 20 points under the points system used for application. That would make a lot of difference to your application.

The first step to your application is to have skills assessed. post a positive assessment you will need to apply to WA for sponsorship with the results. Once WA approves sponsorship you will then need to apply to DIAC for Visa 176. the sponsorship application and PR application are separate processes.

All of this will however change in July 2012. Post July 2012 you will have to submit an Expression of Interest to DIAC in which you may indicate that you would be interested in state sponsorship. the state may then go through the EOI and indicate which applicants it will be interested in following which DIAC will invite you to apply. at that point you can apply for the visa.

Hope this helps

Guest marcella
Yes if you documents evidencing the 17 years of work , it should not be a problem

among the questions you asked originally you referred to band 8. that is the score band on IELTS. A band 8 would mean that you have scored 8 and above in each individual section of IELTS i.e. Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking. If you score above 8 you can claim 20 points under the points system used for application. That would make a lot of difference to your application.

The first step to your application is to have skills assessed. post a positive assessment you will need to apply to WA for sponsorship with the results. Once WA approves sponsorship you will then need to apply to DIAC for Visa 176. the sponsorship application and PR application are separate processes.

All of this will however change in July 2012. Post July 2012 you will have to submit an Expression of Interest to DIAC in which you may indicate that you would be interested in state sponsorship. the state may then go through the EOI and indicate which applicants it will be interested in following which DIAC will invite you to apply. at that point you can apply for the visa.

Hope this helps

Thats brilliant help thank you so much, my god just when i realise that my occupation is on the list after waiting years and giving up hope now the new system comes in to play. Can believe it. :(

Thats brilliant help thank you so much, my god just when i realise that my occupation is on the list after waiting years and giving up hope now the new system comes in to play. Can believe it. :(

Well it depends on the assessment authority for your profession. If it is VETASSESS that is the assessing authority then it may not be possible for you to apply before July under the old system. My advice however is to proceed with the assessment and apply under the new system. while it is still not very clear yet, you may still have an opportunity as an early applicant under the new system and you may very well be selected by a state based on your experience and assessment.

Do not give up hope just yet. There is no harm in going after it if this is something you have wanted to do!

Dear Concerned,

I am expecting my assessment result to be out anytime. Sent them my fils on 13th Jan'12 (date of eceipt as confirmed by them). There is another update now on the online tracking system of Vetassess that preliminary check has got completed and no additional document is required.

I wish to apply for WA SS post my positive assessment. Request you to advise the list of dcumnts required and whether a letter of intent is required for the same. If everthing falls in place, in time, I'll be able to lodge my application to DIAC before July'12.

As far as my knowledge is concerned, WA SS comes in a week's time and DIAC application can also be completed online, provided you have all your original documents scanned.

Regard,

Vick

Hi Vick,

I have a similar status update on my vetassess record showing that initial checks had been completed and no other documentation is required at this statge - not sure it means the result is imminent though?? Have you heard otherwise? Would be delighted if I was mistaken! :biggrin:

Hi Vick,

I have a similar status update on my vetassess record showing that initial checks had been completed and no other documentation is required at this statge - not sure it means the result is imminent though?? Have you heard otherwise? Would be delighted if I was mistaken! :biggrin:

Not necessarily, it still would take about 16 weeks...

Dear Concerned,

I am expecting my assessment result to be out anytime. Sent them my fils on 13th Jan'12 (date of eceipt as confirmed by them). There is another update now on the online tracking system of Vetassess that preliminary check has got completed and no additional document is required.

I wish to apply for WA SS post my positive assessment. Request you to advise the list of dcumnts required and whether a letter of intent is required for the same. If everthing falls in place, in time, I'll be able to lodge my application to DIAC before July'12.

As far as my knowledge is concerned, WA SS comes in a week's time and DIAC application can also be completed online, provided you have all your original documents scanned.

Regard,

Vick

The online application for sponsorship requires you to write about why you want to move to Perth as response to one of the questions. Ne separate letter of intent is required. you will need to apply with a copy of your resume your positive skills assessment and your IELTS score

We got wa state sponsorship in one week so it's was very quick !!

Sorry to jump in on this post, but just wonderin g if you got an email to say they got the ss form ?

ours went on monday night and no email to confirm they did..

Do you just get an email to say its granted? thanx linda..x:biggrin:

Sorry to jump in on this post, but just wonderin g if you got an email to say they got the ss form ?

ours went on monday night and no email to confirm they did..

Do you just get an email to say its granted? thanx linda..x:biggrin:

There does not seem to be a strict pattern. some applicants receive confirmation of application filed (we did) and then a separate mail either approving or rejecting the sponsorship. Some people do not get an acknowledgement and straightaway receive the results of the sponsorship application.

right now it would seem that applications are finalized withing two weeks as against the week or less that it used to take before.

I would say it will be probably hard to get the Skill Assessment Result from Vetassess within 16 weeks due to the massive numbers of applications and 1 July 2012 changes. Mine took app. 20 weeks.

However, it is as good as said before that changes does not mean you'll lose the migration opportunity, prepare everything so that you have better chances to apply visa as the early birds.

If you have chosen the state to head for, just log in and check the application form for questions, search information and try to give your best answer, copy the question and answer into a Word file. After receiving the assessment letter, you can apply straightforward.

Use your time wisely. :)

Thanks a lot for your help.... Could you also advise me that in how many words should I answer this question. As this is THE most important question which one needs to answer and besides this if you could also help me with other questions which one needs to answer while submitting this app....

It would be great if you can mail me the questions & answers @ singhvikramonline@gmail.com which you might have prepared for yourself at the time of submission. Your help will do wonders for us in this crucial time.

In addition how much time does Vetasses or any other assessment authority take (generally & in your case specifically) in sending the original letter after they have published on online tracking platform that the assessment is positive. I've read that they take 25 days, somewhere.[

Regards,

Vikram

QUOTE=pradiprn;1935773700]The online application for sponsorship requires you to write about why you want to move to Perth as response to one of the questions. Ne separate letter of intent is required. you will need to apply with a copy of your resume your positive skills assessment and your IELTS score

Guest marcella
Please refer to this for more information:

Skill level

This occupation has a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience in Australia of AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3).

At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.

http://www.immi.gov.au/asri/occupations/p/property-manager.htm

:) You'll be Ok with your experience, don't worry.

hi huythai,

Thanks again for your help, in relation to the AQF Certificate III you wouldnt know what the equivalent of that is in Ireland, i have been on every website going trying to get the equivalent but to know avail.

Thanks.

Marcella

Hi Minxey,

I am also interested in being assessed positively as Policy and Planning Manager.I have 14 years of experience in Public Sector and also done my post graduation in Intel and Development Economics form ANU.

Do u think I may be able to get positive assessment??

Guest marcella

Hi,

One last thing I must seem so stupid, so i don't make any mistakes, can you please clarify which one of the Vetassess i should go under, I know its general occupations but i cant figure out which one and how much it is, please help :biggrin:

hi huythai,

Thanks again for your help, in relation to the AQF Certificate III you wouldnt know what the equivalent of that is in Ireland, i have been on every website going trying to get the equivalent but to know avail.

Thanks.

Marcella

Actually, we do have a list in my country that the list of University is comparable to Oz for formal qualifications.

Hi,

One last thing I must seem so stupid, so i don't make any mistakes, can you please clarify which one of the Vetassess i should go under, I know its general occupations but i cant figure out which one and how much it is, please help :biggrin:

Could you please be more precise on your case, which occupations are you going to assess?

Hi Minxey,

I am also interested in being assessed positively as Policy and Planning Manager.I have 14 years of experience in Public Sector and also done my post graduation in Intel and Development Economics form ANU.

Do u think I may be able to get positive assessment??

Please refer to this link

http://www.immi.gov.au/asri/occupations/p/policy-and-planning-manager.htm

If your job description is similar to this, then you will have positive assessment outcome.

Thanks a lot for your help.... Could you also advise me that in how many words should I answer this question. As this is THE most important question which one needs to answer and besides this if you could also help me with other questions which one needs to answer while submitting this app....

It would be great if you can mail me the questions & answers @ singhvikramonline@gmail.com which you might have prepared for yourself at the time of submission. Your help will do wonders for us in this crucial time.

In addition how much time does Vetasses or any other assessment authority take (generally & in your case specifically) in sending the original letter after they have published on online tracking platform that the assessment is positive. I've read that they take 25 days, somewhere.[

Regards,

Vikram

QUOTE=pradiprn;1935773700]The online application for sponsorship requires you to write about why you want to move to Perth as response to one of the questions. Ne separate letter of intent is required. you will need to apply with a copy of your resume your positive skills assessment and your IELTS score

I received my hard copy in four days only.

Hi new on pomsinoz, I'm in the same boat as Marcella, I have 12 years experience with NVQ level 3, NEBOSH & IOSH and am currently undertaking my assocRICS, but these qualifications do not seem sufficient, on the immi website it states; At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications. But there is no mention of this on the vetassess site! Any thoughts or experience in this matter would be great. Thanks

Guest marcella
Could you please be more precise on your case, which occupations are you going to assess?

Sorry, its for Property Manager, I have completed a Business and Computers Management Certificate course and have City and Guilds in Water Treatment. Im also a member of the IPFMA (Irish Property & Facilities Management Association) and I have 17 years experience. Im just unsure if this will be enough for Vetassess. All your help is really appreciated and very much needed pleeeeeeeeeeeease. Thank you. :biggrin:

Guest marcella
Hi new on pomsinoz, I'm in the same boat as Marcella, I have 12 years experience with NVQ level 3, NEBOSH & IOSH and am currently undertaking my assocRICS, but these qualifications do not seem sufficient, on the immi website it states; At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications. But there is no mention of this on the vetassess site! Any thoughts or experience in this matter would be great. Thanks

Hi Varian, how long have you left for the AssocRICS and how long was your course?

Archived