Private Health Care in QLD for 457 Visa

Guest dariuzthepole

Guest dariuzthepole

Hi folks,

Sorry if this has been answered previously but I've had a look and cannot find an answer to my specific question.

I'm from the UK and have been offered a job in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. I'm about to fill in my visa forms and have to start thinking about healthcare cover for my family (myself, girlfriend and 2yr old daughter).

As many of you will know, I require private healthcare for my family in order for my visa application to be approved, even though we will not be in the country to use it. We are eligable for Medicare through the reciprocal agreement as we are from the UK but this doesn't apply until we are in Australia. In light of all this, I'm looking for the cheapest private healthcare cover around, that still meets the requirements of the 457 visa: does anyone have any experience of which insurance companies are the cheapest? The plan is to reassess my healthcare options when in Australia and just pay for the cheapest product available for visa purposes.

Does anyone have any experience/suggestions on any of the above?

Thanks,

Dariuzthepole