Leaving for Brisbane tomorrow!!

paisleylass

Your name just popped up on the recent posts board! That's fab news about your house and that Qantas are back on track!

Have a great flight across the Pacific and have a wonderful time house hunting and settling into Brisbane life. Give me a shout to let me know how you are getting on :jiggly: and hopefully we'll make it across next year. Just waiting on EA getting back to us as we eventually got all the paperwork sent through. They said they'd make us a priority as it's the 2nd application, so fingers crossed!

x

Just done a Skype with hubby's folks, that was really cool! They said it's dark and cold too - funny when we've yet to go out in the sun heheh!

Jacqui, great to hear about the paperwork, hope all goes well, and quickly! You'll be off on your hols again quite soon then?! Enjoy :oD and will be in touch about all the craziness on our down under adventure - so close now argh!! So good to have this brreak in between too.

Just done a Skype with hubby's folks, that was really cool! They said it's dark and cold too - funny when we've yet to go out in the sun heheh!

Jacqui, great to hear about the paperwork, hope all goes well, and quickly! You'll be off on your hols again quite soon then?! Enjoy :oD and will be in touch about all the craziness on our down under adventure - so close now argh!! So good to have this brreak in between too.

Nothing better than being abroad when everybodys moaning about the weather lol. Just think you dont have to go through another scottish winter!! you lucky lady lol :wubclub:

Great to hear everything is back on track re your flights and that you have someone interested in renting your house - can I ask which rental agent you've used? I've been looking into it and need to make a final decision.

Guess which hairdresser I go to in Paisley? It's a small world...

Looking forward to hearing how things are going - take care.

Great to hear everything is back on track re your flights and that you have someone interested in renting your house - can I ask which rental agent you've used? I've been looking into it and need to make a final decision.

Guess which hairdresser I go to in Paisley? It's a small world...

Looking forward to hearing how things are going - take care.

PMing you :o)

Final en route update before we head out for the last day in LA, and fly to Brisbane late tonight!

I heard from our letting agents back home that they have found tenants who are now applying for the house, which is fantastic news and has happened very quickly - fingers crossed that they are suitable and we get some rent coming in very soon!

I've already been saving houses to rent in Brisbane as favourites to arrange viewings when we arrive. I'm just picking up on those available late Nov/early Dec for now. There's one that looks ideal, ticks all the boxes and the rent is reasonable and it's available just as we leave temp accommodation so I've already enquired about viewing. It's even in the next street from the temp house, so will see how we like the area.

Need to finish packing up and pray the hotel can accommodate all our bags until we take the taxi to LAX later tonight! Will be updating again when we arrive in Brisbane, all being well we have wifi in our little house :o)

I hope you both have a great last day in LA and flight to Brisbane. It's really wonderful news about your house I'll keep everything crossed for you that the potential tenants are suitable.

I think you mentioned my holiday in your last post. Unfortunately it looks like a no go at the moment as Stu's passport is with the Saudi government for visa processing. When we booked my flight out we didn't realise that they were actually on holiday for 3 weeks so its unlikely that they'll process his passport on time and therefore he'll be stuck in Saudi and unable to meet me in Bahrain!!!!! Unfortunately we'll lose all the money on the flight apart from taxes but it means there's no point in cancelling right up until the last minute so we're holding out for a visa processing miracle!

Anyway I can't wait to hear your first update from Brisbane! :biggrin:

Archived