Spouse visa question

DaveS

Hi,

My partner is Australian but has been living in the UK first after a Tier 5 Work VISA, then under a Spouse VISA - for 2 1/2 years.

I have started filling out the forms required for the Offshore temporary & permanent visa for us to move to Australia together in May 2012. The documentation requirements are worrying me as they seem to require proof of her Australian income over the past 2 years (which is 0, or near 0).

Is this something I should be concerned about?

Thanks for any help & advice (or just for reading),

Dave

Nope proof of UK income and/or savings is fine. My Australian/British hubby sponsored having never worked or lived in Australia. We sent his proof of UK income & savings and both our CV's to show we are more than able to take care of ourselves in Australia.

Agree. I'm sponsoring my British fiance but as I've been in England for the past 7 years myself I don't have much in the way of Australian earnings. I sent 2 years worth of payslips, P60s and a letter from my employer stating how long I'd been working there and what I was earning. He got the visa so it was all fine.

It won't hurt to mention the UK property in terms of generating additional income for you. I mentioned that I had let my house out in Australia while I was away.

It's 2 years of income, not necessarily Aussie income. We just sent 2 years worth of payslips from OH's job in the UK. All they are looking for is to make sure that the sponsor has held down a job and made an income, so therefore should be able to do the same in Oz and take care of the applicant without govt benefits.

don't worry about overthinking - we did that too! But we got there, so it can be done!:smile::smile:

good luck!

Archived