Home Buyers Grant

Guest The Cutches

Guest The Cutches

Hi all, we've asked our agent this question but still haven't got the answer we need so hopefully someone on POI might be able to enlighten us. We are heading to TAS on a 475 SIR visa. This is classed as a provisional visa but we are trying to find out if it comes under temporary or permanent. We want to find out if we will be eligible for the first time home buyers grant which is for permanent residents only.:unsure:

Many Thanks x

Hi all, we've asked our agent this question but still haven't got the answer we need so hopefully someone on POI might be able to enlighten us. We are heading to TAS on a 475 SIR visa. This is classed as a provisional visa but we are trying to find out if it comes under temporary or permanent. We want to find out if we will be eligible for the first time home buyers grant which is for permanent residents only.:unsure:

Many Thanks x

You won't be eligible for the FHOG. You need to be permanent resdients, with a 457 your not.

Guest Nice Guy

Hmmmmmmmmmm.............surely regardless of the visa type providing you have a tax file number you are classified as an Australian resident????

I am a New Zealander and have just a SVC but I got the grant.

Has the OP checked out the website for the grant?

Hmmmmmmmmmm.............surely regardless of the visa type providing you have a tax file number you are classified as an Australian resident????

I am a New Zealander and have just a SVC but I got the grant.

Has the OP checked out the website for the grant?

There are differnt rules for citizens of New Zealand residing in Australia.

A tax file number doesn't give you residency, anyone working in Australia has to have a TFN, whether you are a permanent resident, temporary resident or on a working holiday.

Guest Nice Guy
There are differnt rules for citizens of New Zealand residing in Australia.

A tax file number doesn't give you residency, anyone working in Australia has to have a TFN, whether you are a permanent resident, temporary resident or on a working holiday.

Yes................fully understand that...........

Check out here

For the first home buyers guide............government department click here

475 (SIR) Visa

This visa is a three (3) year provisional visa for skilled workers who are unable to meet the criteria for a Skilled - Independent visa. You will have the opportunity to apply for permanent residency after you have lived for two (2) years and worked at least 12 months in a Specified Regional Area of Australia.

This makes you a temporary resident.

• 5 months later...
Guest juliatkarzon

I am starting a production company for documentaries, and need funding for equipment and travel. I am for profit, and must make money to commit myself full time to this project. I must be able to be financially secured, personally, and get funded for my efforts at the same time. I want to devote myself to the start of this company and let others around the world see the beauty in the nature and cultures that I wish to capture on film. Where I apply for a federal grant to start my own business?

Archived