Ikea Sydney

Natnats

Never went in the UK, so I can't compare, but they seem okay. We bought quite a bit there, some successful (sofas, very happy with) other things not so happy with. Bought two bar stools a couple of weeks ago, and when we got home found the front of one was marked. Took it back for exchange yesterday. Got it home, the front of this one is more badly marked and it is 1cm shorter than the other one, so off we go again next week.

LKC - Anything that is self assemble you usually run a risk it'll be marked or have some screws left over or be slightly different to another that is exactly the same. Or you end up having to drill extra holes to assemble it :wacko:

I find things like their mattresses, sofas and household stuff like kitchen ware, lighting etc to be great - good. We've bought a few sets of drawers and some shelves and tbh the quality is lacking. It shows. If its for the kids rooms I don't mind so much buying furniture but if its something I want for a living space I tend to save a bit and go the extra and buy something more substantial and better quality.

And to the OP, as has been suggested, check out online and see. They don't have quite the range in Aus as they do in Europe IIRC and price wise if you convert from $$ to ££ then of course the exchange rate screws you a bit. But remember once there you'll be earing in $$ so try to get past the whole converting back to ££'s thing, I find it works out pretty reasonable for what it is. I only know the one in Adelaide and that was just like walking round any other Ikea anywhere in the world. Its a bit like McD's or Starbucks, you know exactly what you are getting the world over. Not really inspiring but it fills a need for a while.

Once you consider exchange rate and earning in AUD I find the prices to be the same as in UK and Europe, with no massive differences.

The Sydney Ikea is also big and well stocked. My only qualm would be with the delivery dept who need to get their act together. They will only deliver next day in Sydney but not for purchases later in the day, which may go to the next day... and then you don't get a time slot so you have to stay in all day. As with all Ikea's over the world, have a stiff drink before you go in!

Archived