IELTS 22 October

Sol2Oz

Yes, I did both.

I'd recommend switching to Academic for anyone struggling to get 8's, particularly in the Reading test.

If I wouldn't have passed the 22 October test, I would take your advise, because I would always get 9's on all, except the reading - 7.0's!! I wonder why that reading was so difficult to get an 8 on. The thing is that I actually would think that I aced it, but that had never been the case - not until this last 22 Oct, when I got the 8.5. I was surprised at that result!

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
http://studyieltsbangkok.com/home/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3&Itemid=5

Just came accross this website which helps with teh Ielts test thought I would share!!!

Hi Mapster

I have some PowerPoints which might interest you with regards to punctuation and connectives if you are interested. i managed to get quite a lot of the differebt types of connectives into my writing and got 8.5 for my writing...

If you let me know your email address i will send them to you next week when i get back to work...they are on my work staff drive so can't access them at home.

Heather

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Thank Heather fingers + toes crossed.

Still not well have no idea how I'm going to sit still and not cough for this exam.

My head is still banging!!!

Will be dosed up to the eyeballs tomorrow!!

thanks for all your help Heather xxx

I wasn't well for my last one and had an annoying tickly cough...I dosed myself up on paracetamol and made sure i had plenty of water with me. Thankfully the cough didnt make an appearance during the listening part! Even when i had finished the test and arrived home i didnt think it went that well. i messed up the first part of the listening and though i had gone off on my own little tanget in the writing.

My husband reckons that the first test centre i went to was using it as a money making scam! And that they were all snobs! I had sat it 3 times there and changed due to availability to another test centre for my 4th.

Guest Aussie4ever

I only need Ielts Band 7 to apply for 175, but I will do it on Australia, for me the hardest is the writing and speaking because I have no one to practice with, I guess my trip to Oz will help me on this obstacle and some preparation course.

I wasn't well for my last one and had an annoying tickly cough...I dosed myself up on paracetamol and made sure i had plenty of water with me. Thankfully the cough didnt make an appearance during the listening part! Even when i had finished the test and arrived home i didnt think it went that well. i messed up the first part of the listening and though i had gone off on my own little tanget in the writing.

My husband reckons that the first test centre i went to was using it as a money making scam! And that they were all snobs! I had sat it 3 times there and changed due to availability to another test centre for my 4th.

Simular to me Heather sat mine 3 times inPortsmouth but my 4th is in London as Portsmouth couldn't offer me a date until March!

• 1 year later...

Just saw this post today...IELTS speaking is killing me these days...as I am not a native English speaker...

I get 8+ in reading in every test...but never get 8 in speaking :no: which is required by migration skill assessment as a kinder teacher... sometimes, my writing fails too

just wondering, if anyone got 8.5/9 in speaking can help me with my speaking and I can help with reading if I can...

really desperate:no: