north v south brisbane

debbie13

When I moved to BNE I had no idea. I live on the north and my final decision making consideration was the fact that the city was on the north side of the river, which meant to me that travelling from the South side would have more choke points as everybody would have to go over a bridge, whereas there would be more roads from the north.

That's how I decided.

Guest GeorgeD

Important thing to remember about Human Nature...Everyone says their area is great.

Having said that...I live on th Southside and it's great!

Joking aside...there are good areas and bad in both. A lot will depend on where you end up working. I work in Albion on the North of the river and live in Daisy Hill, about 30kms south. My commute is 30-45 mins at rush hour. Not too bad generally, although it does have its moments.

Don't worry too much about which bank you want to live on...see what else is important to you - schools, city vs suburban vs rural, any friends you may have, proximity to the beach or hinterland, your lifestyle, employers (if you have jobs already). Don't get too caught up on North vs South, it really isn't that important.

Archived