Victoria State Sponsership - Processing Times

graham834

Hello,

Does anyone know how long it is taking these days to process Victoria State Sponsership? We sent our application ages ago but just recently sent the skills assessment. They have confirmed they have all the paperwork they need and that they will get back to us with their decision .... Fingers and toes crossed! my husband is a nurse and we hope to apply for 176 PR visa.

Any experiences would be much appreciated.

Arthur and Amanda, Manchester

Hi there, ours took 11 weeks. Their website says it can take 12 weeks and you are not to contact them during this time.

Think it may depend on your trade, Jane (main applicant) is a Podiatrist.

It's all a big waiting game ;)

Thanks, was that 11 weeks from when you sent all the information they require?

We did skills assesment first, then lodged 176 application in mid Nov, got it back early Feb, not bad considering everything stood still over christmas and new year really . Good Luck...if there's one thing we have learnt through this whole roller coaster, is that what will be, will be and its no good getting stressed its taking longer than you expected, as long as they have evrything they need, they will do it, and you will hear soon. Good Luck x

Guest cdchaplin

i too am a nurse. I applied for vic state sponsor 23rd august and got sponsorship granted 5th sept!!! I consider myself to be very lucky!!!!

hopefully

you'll here soon xx

i too am a nurse. I applied for vic state sponsor 23rd august and got sponsorship granted 5th sept!!! I consider myself to be very lucky!!!!

hopefully

you'll here soon xx

Blimey that was quick! Let's hope ours is the same! I see you have applied for 176 , that is our next move. Can u tell us what docs we need to submit so we can start to get them together?

Are you going to Melbourne? If so have you decided on which suburb you will be living? Sorry for all the questions but there is just so much to organise and don't know where is the best place to live. There is me and my husband who is a MH nurse and our 3 year old daughter.

Finally have you secured a job?

Thanks again I hope you don't mind all the questions.

Amanda

Guest cdchaplin

hi amanda, yes we applied for 176 6/9/11. got co lsat friday so went and had meds monday! just waiting for pcc cert to come back to upload. when you apply online you get a trn ref number which allows access to your application. this provides you with link to document checklist. this included:

passports for all of us (i'm main applicant with hubby, girls aged 10/13.)

passport photos for us all

birth certificates for us all.

then just for me :

evidence of IELTS results.

marriage cert.

qualifications relating to my pofession.

evidence of skills assessment ( lod letters)

evidence of email from victoria as evidence of nomination.

all these docs you can scan and upload to your application really easily as long as the are in colour. if not will have to be certified first.

thats it!!

yes hoping to go to frankston south area as the high school is highly recommended.

i have een in contact with a district nurse agency as this is my speciality who are willing to interview me once i have visa!!!

collette xx

Thank you so much for all the info, it is really useful. Did u have to upload your employer references or is the Letter from anmac sufficient? Also did the outcome of your state sponsorship come by email?

Hopefully you don't have much longer to wait for your visa to come through.

Thanks again, much appreciated xx

Guest cdchaplin
Thank you so much for all the info, it is really useful. Did u have to upload your employer references or is the Letter from anmac sufficient? Also did the outcome of your state sponsorship come by email?

Hopefully you don't have much longer to wait for your visa to come through.

Thanks again, much appreciated xx

yes the sponsor came via email. i did upload my references after my co asked more evidence of work experience along with payslips, tax code etc. i also addedd another copy of pg3 of ammac letter to confirm that they assessed me as relevant wok experince!

Maybe i'll get nice suprise on my birthday in 2 weeks!!!

just the bloody house to sell, been on mkt 6 weeks and only 1 viewing!! decided if nothing in nxt couple of weeks going to rent it out!

collette xx

just the bloody house to sell, been on mkt 6 weeks and only 1 viewing!! decided if nothing in nxt couple of weeks going to rent it out!

This is our major concern too!! Rental is an option but i'm a bit tight on the mortgage amount against rental value and if interest rates do ever rise (which they no doubt will!) it will be a bit tight.

Its a tricky issue........a couple of my mates work for a conveyancing company (Shoosmiths) and they tell me that more chains are forming and sales are happening. Personally i think its a bit of pot luck! Our house would fall into a first time buyer category so we may be lucky if their is someone with their 30 odd percent deposit!! :skeptical::rolleyes::arghh:

yes the sponsor came via email. i did upload my references after my co asked more evidence of work experience along with payslips, tax code etc. i also addedd another copy of pg3 of ammac letter to confirm that they assessed me as relevant wok experince!

Maybe i'll get nice suprise on my birthday in 2 weeks!!!

collette xx

Hi Collette,

You'll never guess - got email from Victoria with state sponsorship approval this morning :jiggy: we are so happy, now for the visa application which we hope to submit either today ot tomorrow.

We have just put our apartment on the market this week so hoping that it will sell before Xmas or early new year. I think the property market is pretty slow at the min and the negative media doesn't help matters. Fingers crossed you will get a buyer. We are not intending to leave until next May/June so we have a bit of time.

Thanks again for all your advice.

Amanda xx

Guest cdchaplin

great news amanda!!!

yes the housing market is just pants at mo, bloody typical when we just want rid and our equity in the bank!!

we looking at frankston south area of the penninsula, what about you??

collette x

We're torn at the moment, we've family in Cranbourne, so Mornington Peninsula side possible, but are looking into Geelong area. We are not really city folk and are looking eventually long term to be somewhere quite rural.

But end of the day the job offers will dictate initially.

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=52.234947,-0.916719

great news amanda!!!

yes the housing market is just pants at mo, bloody typical when we just want rid and our equity in the bank!!

we looking at frankston south area of the penninsula, what about you??

collette x

Your in the same boat as us - equity please. Also my husband is starting to actively seek a job, hopefully with relocation assistance.

We have not decided on a suburb yet, we arevstill doing some research into it. We want a nice suburb with reasonably priced housing but our main priority is to find a good primary school for our daughter.

Amanda x