PetAir UK - Pet Travel Service

Guest The Pom Queen

We’re planning (hoping) to fly our two dogs to Australia from the UK sometime around June or July this year.

With all the unpredictability of border closures and travel bans, I would ideally like to travel at the same time and on the same aircraft as the dogs. I’m not sure how feasible this is, but I feel very anxious about something untoward happening and ending up with the dogs on different sides of the world to us.

So my questions are,

1)   Do you think it’s possible to arrange travel on the same aircraft (clearly not all in the cabin although that would be nice)? And which airline would be the most accommodating and flexable?

2)   With Mickleham now being so busy, how soon would we realistically need to book quarantine places for June/July? Or are we already too late for this timeline?

Both dog have current Australian import permits and are fully up to date with RNAT etc.

Hi Susie

First thing is that you need to book quarantine as soon as you can. But it needs tying in with a flight, so you need to engage a pet shipper asap.

I understand why you are worried, but the travel is more stable than we think. We have been using Qatar airways or Singapore Airlines. It is not so much about the airline being flexible, it is if the Australians stop travel to Australia then that messes plans very severely. 

If you are travelling to Australia with someone else (i.e. friend, partner etc) then one of you can go a few days before the dogs and one a few days after, though I am sure you will need to do 14 days in a quarantine hotel. So, enduring that with someone else may be better.

You need to engage a pet shipper soon, get a quarantine space booked, then a flight booked, then book your own flights based around that date. God willing, this diminishes by June/July and so you will be ok.

• Thanks 1

• 10 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Our dogs have recently flown to Tasmania from the UK. The whole process was managed with PetAirUK. They were fantastic and very well organised. Everything went according to plan, and our dogs were relaxed and happy once we picked them up. I would recommend this company to anyone.

• Like 1