Export/ Import Permits?

Joob joobs

Generally it takes about a week to get import permits from Australia, and DEFRA in UK have just stamped their feet and said they want at least 10 days notice to generate the export papers. Currently it will take around 6 weeks to prepare a dog to go to Sydney and up to 4 months to plan a journey to Perth. Come Jan 01st 2012, it will take at least 5 months to plan for your dog to travel anywhere in Australia due to the new rabies rules which is on another post on this forum

Thanks Bob. I'm beginning to panic about the new rules! I had no idea they were looking at changing them or I'd have had his rabies jab done back in March when I was offered the job! Aaargh, another thing to worry about!

*fingers crossed* my visa is approved soon... or we will have to re-consider. We could maybe send him out first and fly into Syndey to collect him instead of heading straight to Brisbane. My brain hurts!

• 1 month later...
Guest dannyh1978

Hi

We requested our import permit for a dog 3rd week of September, about 5 weeks ago through an agent, they've been chasing but not heard anything.

Just got rabbies blood tests back so we're good to go really.

We are planning on leaving in March. Should the permit come through soon do you think?

Thanks

Dan

Hi

We requested our import permit for a dog 3rd week of September, about 5 weeks ago through an agent, they've been chasing but not heard anything.

Just got rabbies blood tests back so we're good to go really.

We are planning on leaving in March. Should the permit come through soon do you think?

Thanks

Dan

I applied online for my import permit on 4th Oct, the cash was taken from my account on 13th Oct and they have since been in touch to clarify when we intend for the dog to enter the country. I replied straight away to say that we're hoping to have him on a flight from the UK at the end of November and they replied to say that an import permit would be granted with an expiry date of 21 December 2010.

If you applied before me and still haven't heard anything I'd consider phoning them or sending an email to them directly.

Dannyh

I am getting permits back and they are taking 5 weeks to come back.

Check out this link (joobjoobs this should be good for you):

https://www.aqis.gov.au/epermits/PublicPages/PermitStatusQuery.aspx

Most permits are in assessment and when they go to submitted for granting they are nearly ready to be released. Danny - you are in no rush for a permit as you are going next year, but interestingly, you cant apply for a permit for next year until the rabies results have come back as you will need those to apply for a permit for entry next year. Which agent are you using if you dont mind me asking?

Dannyh

I am getting permits back and they are taking 5 weeks to come back.

Check out this link (joobjoobs this should be good for you):

https://www.aqis.gov.au/epermits/PublicPages/PermitStatusQuery.aspx

Most permits are in assessment and when they go to submitted for granting they are nearly ready to be released. Danny - you are in no rush for a permit as you are going next year, but interestingly, you cant apply for a permit for next year until the rabies results have come back as you will need those to apply for a permit for entry next year. Which agent are you using if you dont mind me asking?

Thanks for the link Bob. My import permit was granted and emailed to me this morning. Oakley is now booked in to get his bloods taken tomorrow morning and booked on a flight to Brisbane on 25 November! :jiggy:

Thanks for the link Bob. My import permit was granted and emailed to me this morning. Oakley is now booked in to get his bloods taken tomorrow morning and booked on a flight to Brisbane on 25 November! :jiggy:

Good luck for the blood tests, hope Oakley takes it all in his stride.:smile: