You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Cerberus1

Moving to South Australia? Join our state specific forum

If you are moving to Adelaide and want to know about schools in the area, suburbs or need help finding accommodation or friends in the area, then why not take a look at our sister site: Poms in Adelaide.

Moneycorp

Moneycorp

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Iain1
        Hi 

Im from the UK  looking if anyone planning  to go australia on working holiday visa by late 2018 or early 2019. 

I am in two mind to go traveling solo plan it all myself or be with travel buddy, or go with them travel group for first couple of weeks, i am hoping  start regional work first so i could be eligible for 2nd WHV and give me more time to  travel spend time there. 
        Have couple of question too.
        1. where would be best season to go to find regional work, as i seen on many forums  from nov to jan busy period, where everyone looking for work also most expensive time for getting flights which i am trying not to go for.

2. Where would you recommend i should start off first, i was thinking to do western australia to do work.

3. Banking as i will be transferring money before go out there.  as well back and forwards to uk  while in australia which bank would anyone recommend so i not paying fortune on transaction fee on exchange rate. i have seen HSBC which i could open in Australia not pay any fees while transferring money back and forwards to uk will need to double check this.

Any tip or recommendation will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
      • By Rocky99
        Hi Lads, I am shortly awaiting outcome of Skill assessment from IPA and planning to submit EOI under External auditor category for 189 visa. I am currently on 70 points (assuming all find in the skill assessment). Can you advise whether accountant were invited at all in the last couple of rounds and if yes, what was the cut-off? Is it worth waiting for bar to come down to 70 or I should re-appear PTE to target 79?

Thanks million.
      • By oliviaaaa
        Hey, my friend and I are both thinking of moving to the bay next year even though parents aren't happy so the won't help us find the information on the bay. We would like to know is it worth it for a year fresh out of school? Can we study there? Is it expensive? Will we find work? Are the bills manageable on a teen wage? Is there financial support there? Is it recommended for two best friends who want out of home?
      • By Anna9879
        Hi Guys,

I have a PGCEI, from the University of Sunderland, which was basically the same as a regular a PGCE course but the  12 week teaching practice was not done in UK, hence was not given QTS.
        I'm considering migrating to Australia and was wondering whether, PGCEI is recognised by AITSL? even though it doesn't have QTS status, its contend is the same and has more than 45 days of supervised teaching.