PArtner visa;Further evidence requested!?!?

kate25

Our case officer has sent us an email requesting further documentation. 'Evidence that you and your sponsor are currently living together in a genuine and ongoing de facto relationship.

Thing is we have already sent everything we can from the guidlines and are at a loss apart from a joint account we never used bar one deposit and an insurance document, with myself on his insurance as a named driver.

We have always kept finances seperate generally. Alot of the suggestions are for joint things.

Any ideas would be much appreciated!!

:wacko:

Even if you have separate stuff it's do-able,

- stuff addressed to you both at the same address (eg bank statements)

- transfers between your accounts to cover paying of bills etc

- are you both on a lease agreement?

- do you pay some bills and he pays others? if they're both at the same address...

- both on council tax or voting records?

Don't worry, it's quite common for them to ask for a little more. We were asked to supply more too. I just sent them more council tax bills covering the dates that they were asking about and some more bank statements - even though we had already sent millions of those. Have you sent them any copies of mobile phone records showing calls and texts to each other? We sent in a bunch of highlighted pages with that info on too.

Don't worry too much about this, hubby and I have been married for twelve years and have two kids and we got asked to send extra evidence!

Just send things sent to either of you to the same address, doesn't neccessarily need to be in both names.

Good luck!

Thing is we have already sent everything we can from the guidlines and are at a loss apart from a joint account we never used bar one deposit and an insurance document, with myself on his insurance as a named driver.

Well there's two excellent pieces of evidence straight away! Get them sent to your CO immediately. Do you have wills? If not, get them done and send in copies.

It's very common for more evidence to be requested, so don't worry about it. You'll be amazed what you can dig up to show you are a couple.