Got the visa

scarlet mia

Hi well finally we got it. Got the email this morning I can,t believe it has all happened we seemed to be waiting sooo long that I had began to forget about going and then you get a case officer and it all just comes together. We now have to enter Australia by 19th Aug 2012 so thats when we decide to just go for it no recci having 5 children would be to expensive. Are we mad ?

Good luck to anyone else still waiting your time will come

Karen x

Congrats Karen :)

Where abouts are you heading to?

Hi we had always planned on Melbourne but have changed our minds now and are going to Brisbane we been looking at the sunshine coast. Feel like we are back to square 1 now having been researching Melbourne. Think I am going to being asking lots of questions over the next few months.

Where are you heading ?

Guest nikkidel
Hi well finally we got it. Got the email this morning I can,t believe it has all happened we seemed to be waiting sooo long that I had began to forget about going and then you get a case officer and it all just comes together. We now have to enter Australia by 19th Aug 2012 so thats when we decide to just go for it no recci having 5 children would be to expensive. Are we mad ?

Good luck to anyone else still waiting your time will come

Karen x

Congratulations! No, not mad...

We got our visa a few weeks back, and will be flying out in two weeks' time. We've sold all our furniture and just have some boxes to ship...so we are going on a recce/let's find a place and just stay trip. We have four young children, so not as many as you, but enough that it's very expensive to fly backwards and forwards, and also enough that it'll be a nightmare doing that flight too many times. So the likelihood is that we'll just stay.

I lived just north of Brisbane for a while (a few years back now), and loved it. Loved the Sunshine Coast especially. Can't wait to get back to Oz.

I've never been to Melbourne so can't comment there, but in my opinion, you can't go far wrong with Brisbane/Sunshine Coast. :biggrin:

Anyway, congrats again...

Archived