moving to perth in 2012..is anyone else?

perthpom2011

Guest cazperth
Hey, i'm Emma im a nurse, 23yr old hoping to move to Joondalup not to far from perth march 2012! Would be great to find people to meet up with once there!

Em

Hey :) Good Luck with the big move... We are hoping to move out there in Jan 2012 so yes would def love to meet up... gives a shout!!

cx

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest cazperth
Hiya

We are planning to fly to perth round the end of Feb - there is me Est (35) Rich (37) and our to children aged 4 and 1.

We are going to start in Rockingham and see from there

Est :-)

Hey :) Good Luck with the big move... We are hoping to move out there in Jan 2012 so yes would def love to meet up... We will be staying probably about 30mins from Rocko - gives a shout!!

cx

were hoping to move to perth jan feb time as well just waiting on selling the house (which is so stressfull) we have our visas, we are looking to going north of perth but have still not decided yet we would love to get to know some people as well..... we are ..... me jools 40yrs young paul also 40 but older then me zackery 6 and josh 4 im a hairdresser and paul is a painter and decorator :)

Guest filthy1

Hiya, we are from scotland and got visa in august, hoping moving early next year, not got a date yet. where are you thinking of going, we are looking joondaloop way. my husband is a joiner and looking for work in that area. wot about you? neil and angela

Guest filthy1
Hey filthy1 were hopefully going to joondalup and my other half is a joiner too! Hopefully going early next year aiming for march! Just the 2 of us :-) still awaiting visa's

Emma & Sam

Hiya, have you passed the vetasess and the medicals then? if you have visa should come in no time!! Where are you from and what made you decide on Joondaloop? We have got a lead on a joiners job already, so hopefully, that will come in handy wot about yoos?

Hiya, have you passed the vetasess and the medicals then? if you have visa should come in no time!! Where are you from and what made you decide on Joondaloop? We have got a lead on a joiners job already, so hopefully, that will come in handy wot about yoos?

Not the vetasess as we are going on my visa and my OH will be coming as a sponsored spouse, we had to do it this way as we have been together for years but hadnt lived together for 12months when we applied last year!

I am a registered nurse, I have passed my skills assessment, we are going for state sponsorship.

Joondalup seems really nice well maintained we just like what we have seen an read about it! Never been... Also plus side there is a hospital with jobs and vacancies! My other half won't be working initially due to visa etc

Em & Sam

Guest filthy1

Hiya, Sorry to even think ur OH was the MAIN sponsor, just that Neil is mine - and he keeps bringinig it up....... all the time....... lol, seems like there is alot of work out there anyway for both of u. The medical professsion is like WE NEED U.. so u will get a job easy enough. When do you expect the visa then, we started the process last sep. and got visa in Aug - didn't think it would come thr' that quick! My OH wants to go 2orro! He forgets he's not got a bolt!! lol Ang & Neil

Hiya, Sorry to even think ur OH was the MAIN sponsor, just that Neil is mine - and he keeps bringinig it up....... all the time....... lol, seems like there is alot of work out there anyway for both of u. The medical professsion is like WE NEED U.. so u will get a job easy enough. When do you expect the visa then, we started the process last sep. and got visa in Aug - didn't think it would come thr' that quick! My OH wants to go 2orro! He forgets he's not got a bolt!! lol Ang & Neil

Its ok I wanted him to be but the agency said it would be better for me to be main :-( (poor me)

We started the process in january this year we would like it before christmas haha but probably around feb/march we are both like Neil and want to go tomorrow lol

I have applied for a job in joondalup but the closing date isn't until 31/12/11

Emma & Sam

Guest filthy1

Well best of luck, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you - mind u what a long time to wait for getting confirmation of your job - must be a good 1! I don't know what I'm gonny do yet, hopefully office work, had a wee look but nowt much there, but I would work in a mcdonalds if I had to. Hope ur visa comes soon, thats the main hurdle. Ang & Neil

Hi, we are Dom, Nat and 4 children, moving to Perth jan 12 around Woodvale or Kinross. Dom is a carpenter and i am a Teaching assistant. Never been to Oz before so its going to be exciting and scary but hopefully a great life for our family, just hope there is work for Dom.

hey guys im moving to perth jan/feb dont know many people in perth is anyone else heading out and would like to meet up/make new friends:cool:im 27 years old

Hello I am moving to Perth on January 18.

Hope we can meet :)

Guest Sarahmess

My family and I are planning on moving to Perth next year after my daughter has completed her GCSEs. My husband is Australian and therefore the kids have Aussie Citizenship. It's been 24 years since he lived in Australia and he's originally from Melbourne. I've been researching into areas of Perth to live, but does anyone have any advice on a good area for families with good schools, my children will be 16yr and 13yrs.:confused:

Guest mandi1971

Hi we are moving to Perth January 2012, OH is a Plumber, and we have 2 kids aged 16 and 9 and a dog 15mth.

Never been before, hoping to secure a holiday rental, have a look around before making a decision but so far im looking in the North around Joondalup etc.

Mandi x

Guest Little Lisa 1971

Hi Sarahmess & Mandi1971,

We too have a 16year old daughter, we are flying out to Perth in December 2011 to validate our Visa's then hoping to move out for good after Kirsty has finished her GCSE's in July/August 2012. What are planning on doing about your daughters High School Certificate? From what I've been reading I think Kirsty will have to start Year 11 in Feb 2013 to enable her to acheive the full 2years study she will need to get her High School Certificate. She will be 17 years old by then (Sept Birthday) and I presume one of the oldest in her year! I really worry about damaging her education as she wants to go to Uni!!

Have either of you looked into schooling for a 16year old yet? I'm hoping you may have some information that will make me less worried :arghh:

Thanks

Little Lisa 1971 xx

Guest Sarahmess

Hi Little Lisa,

We are still looking for schools. My daughter is a younger one in the year having turned 15yrs in July, so she is now in year 11 in UK.

We are planning to move in August 2012 and start the children at school in the Sept/ Oct term. She will then go to year 11 ( Aussie) in Feb 2013.

Finding a school is the biggest problem at the moment and therefore finding an area to move to. Once I have it more sorted in my head whereabouts to live, I won't feel so apprehensive. The children can take a test at Australian House(?) in London to see if they are eligible for a scholarship to any of the private schools, my husband has been looking into it.

Do you have any suburbs in mind?

Sarahx

Guest jemandrich

hiya we are hoping to move to perth before the year is up? we still waiting for the visa to be approved not long now i hope? started whole process a year ago on sept 7th,visa got lodged 14th june then employer had to wait to get approved for sponsor that took ages and now all business side is aproved we just waiting for the OH to be approved! they say no news is good news and that good things come to those who wait so fingers crossed it wont be long for us?