Fiancee coming to join me after I get sponsored issues?

proverbialpaul

Hi all

I got offered a job starting in October as a Mechanic in Brisbane. I was offered the job on the condition that I would go out to OZ on my 417 working holiday visa and, assuming everything goes ok, get transfered onto a sponsored visa after my three month trial period.

I am leaving my fiancee in the UK until I get sponsored because she used her working holiday visa a few years ago and I couldn't afford to support her financially as she would initially be unable to work on a standard holiday visa so.....

What problems, hurdles etc will I encounter when I am transfered onto the sponsored visa and want to get my fiancee over from the UK to be with me? Will us being apart for three or four months cause a problem? How long does the visa swithover take?

Any help or info would be much apreciated.

Main issue will be if your company will agree to add her to your visa. You can't sponsor her unless you have PR. I assume the company is talking about a 457 (temp ) visa? You need to ask this question.

If you have been living together but are now separated because of work you should be OK. Just prove how you keep in touch etc etc and are still a couple.

How confident are you that the company will actually sponsor you for the visa once you are there?

If they wait 3 months before starting the application then it could well be some time before she can join you IF they add her to the visa. Have a look at current processing times.

Hi!

Im am going Oz next week! whooppee! :) Anyway im going over on fiance's sponsored VISA. He went last week. No problems with his company adding me to his visa application which they dealt with. Problem was proving we had lived together for a least 12 months - which is what DIAC ask for, things like joint accounts, bills etc all count tho so if you have them together your fine. Time wise it took approx 8-10 wks from start to finish, that included us getting all relevant paperwork together and me going for medical which as im a nurse took up about 3 wks of that waiting time. Otherwise no problems - the waiting to see if the visa has been granted tho is a nightmare!! Hope this helps, if u need any other info let me know

angie

Oh. I didn't realise it was up to them to add her to my visa. Would this incur a cost for them? Why might they not want to do this for me?

We discussed the fact that I would get sponsored after my probation so this isn't an issue. I am confident of this. I will ask, but am pretty sure, that it'll be a 457 (temp) visa.

I take it PR is permanent Residency? I hadn't even started looking at this because I was under the assumption that would only come into consideration after several years.