Where to start with employer sponsorship???

dingeroo

Hello again, in need of some advice once again. My partner has been told the only way he can get to Aussie is if he gets sponsored by an employer, just need to know where to start and if its worth us going over in 2 weeks time to look for work? Anyone who has had to go down this route or knows of how to go about this and where to start, we would be most grateful of some advice. Once again thanks :biggrin:

Hello again, in need of some advice once again. My partner has been told the only way he can get to Aussie is if he gets sponsored by an employer, just need to know where to start and if its worth us going over in 2 weeks time to look for work? Anyone who has had to go down this route or knows of how to go about this and where to start, we would be most grateful of some advice. Once again thanks :biggrin:

What you mean go over on a tourist visa and start applying for jobs with the hope getting sponsorship?

Guest SueRich

Hi There,

I have also been looking into sponsorship for my OH. We searched for companies on the internet and emailed them. We had a few replies which basically said once we get the Perth pop in and see them and they might be some work - No one really willing to sponsor.

My OH is going on a reccie soon - One of the things he will try to do is sell himslef to alot of companies and hopefully find a sponsor. I think going over to Oz would definately be a better option as I think you would get a better response from potential employers if you were face to face.

How old is your OH? If he is under 30 have you considered going down under on a working hol visa?If you worked for a year and got to know companies/employers they may be more willing to sponsor you. Unfortunately this isn't an option for us as my partner is over 30!

Good Luck

Sue

First of all, catch your employer.

Hi, what about the opportunities australia expo they hold them all over the country they are comming in november to london manchester and aberdeen www.expo-australia.com we went to one last year had a job offer within 2 weeks and we go next month for the big move. Some of the big companies go take a look hope this helps.:wink: