Child visa sub class 101

cazzydee

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone can help with my question about how long it takes to approve a child visa 101. Child no.3 was born after the rest of us received our visas for permanent residency. We've done our police checks and child's medical was done a week ago so we've fulfilled everything that's been asked of us. Has anyone been through a similar situation and if so, how long did it take to receive the child's visa? We've asked our case officer in London who has just quoted the 6-8 months maximum timeframe but hearsay tells us it could be less, we just haven't heard from anyone who's actually done it.

Thanks,

Caroline

Sorry I can't answer your question as we're in exactly the same boat! Medicals and police checks done just waiting to hear. Can't really see why it will take 6 to 8 months as there's nothing else for them to do but we'll just have to wait and see.

It's not hearsay, we finally got ours just a few days ago. Applied last November! No idea why they are taking so long and we even got ours quicker due to FIL having cancer and we had to travel to Aus earlier than expected! I had to write in with medical proof etc etc.

It's not hearsay, we finally got ours just a few days ago. Applied last November! No idea why they are taking so long and we even got ours quicker due to FIL having cancer and we had to travel to Aus earlier than expected! I had to write in with medical proof etc etc.

Shel, can I ask did they set a date by which your baby's visa has to be validated? If so is it 12 months after the medicals as with a normal PR visa? Trying to work out time scales of when we should move!