House hunting - Maroochydore

Guest Moreboots

Guest Moreboots

Hi. We're arriving in Maroochydore on 23rd November (visa came through last week) and I'd really appreciate any advice anyone has on house hunting.

We're looking for a short term furnished let for first 3 weeks whilst we find a house we want to live in longer term. Any advice on the best places to look or people to contact please?

I don't want to be homeless when we get there!! :-(

Guest sh7t man no way
Hi. We're arriving in Maroochydore on 23rd November (visa came through last week) and I'd really appreciate any advice anyone has on house hunting.

We're looking for a short term furnished let for first 3 weeks whilst we find a house we want to live in longer term. Any advice on the best places to look or people to contact please?

you will be better of going into a holiday rental till you get stuff sorted out--the minimum rental time in qld is 6 months rental agreement,although you may get somthing short term but it will cost--maroochydore is a lovely place,and it a bit of a holiday resort place, so you will be getting there just as the queensland summer is starting--if you google propertys for rent in queensland it should give you some idea of what to expect-- congrats on getting your visa

Guest Moreboots
Hi I have sent you a pm. Hope it helps..

Thank you for your help. Everyone on here is so friendly and helpful and I'm starting looking in those areas now .......... fingers crossed. :smile:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Moorboots,

I live in maroochydore/cotton tree area and have been here for 8 months now. There is plenty of housing available and prices are coming down rapidly so take your time with buying. Lots of nice area around here between Maroochydore and Noosa. Cotton Tree where I live is gorgeous.

I have found a lady called Carla Elson very helpful at Century 21 on Duporth. They are both real estate and rental agents. Look up Century 21 on duport and send an email to them. The apartment where I live in maroochydore is a resort and as you'll be coming in summer, prices for very short term rental might be high. her email address is rentals2.c21@century21.com.au One thing to bear in mind though about rental in oz. They like their houses to be returned almost better than you found them. When I moved from one unit to another, I used the same cleaning company as the real estate for a bond clean to ensure I got my bond back!

If you need any help let me know.

Rakesh

Archived