container left today - packers were top notch

Guest Geordie A

Guest Geordie A

just had 4 guys in from john mason packing our belongings to begin the journey to sydney. just want to compliment the removals team. the four men were professional, helpful and knowledgeable. we were told when quoting that we wre about 200 cubic feet over the 20ft container so has resigned ourselves to leaving a few possesions here or paying a £1000 for a shared container.

Eric and the rest of the lads went the extra mile to fill that container to the rafters and got everything in!! there wasnt any unfilled void.

they even specially dismantled some things such as an odd shaped wardrobe and a chest of draws to make sure we wouldnt be leaving anything.

credit where credit is due, thanks lads

John Masons came round yesterday to quote us... and were by far the most professional company so far we have dealt with... just hope the quote is reasonable when it comes??!! thanks, as good to know that the service was good for you.

Just got John Masons quote.... 20ft container £3,800... plus another £350 for packing/lifting/deliver of our 7 x 4ft pool table..... so that might end up on bay afterall!!!... need to sit and read the quote properly before making my mind up... other quotes slightly cheaper but didn't feel they were as thorough with measuring up... so might end up with more charges???!!!

Guest Lucasusajo

Really liked John Mason, but I understand that they won't dismantle anything whereas others say that they do. Least hassle for us the better!

Hi all

anyone used a 40ft just had a quote from uk to perth $10,297.00 i make that just over £6000 i am bringing 2 kayks and a topper dinghy in with my lot! do you think this is too much ??

Guest Lucasusajo

Sounds good to me. Why did you get the quote in dollars out of interest - all of ours were in sterling? Would be interested to know who the quote was from - by PM if you would prefer not to mention!

We used John Masons when we moved and couldn't fault the packers, they even rigged some special packaging together for my daughters dolls house.

Wridgeways are the company at this end, we couldn't fault them either - they assembled some of the furniture like the dining table which had been dismantled. We unpacked the boxes and just rang them to come and collect them.

Sounds good to me. Why did you get the quote in dollars out of interest - all of ours were in sterling? Would be interested to know who the quote was from - by PM if you would prefer not to mention!

It was wridgways, my hubby's employer put us on to them and they sent the quote in dollars, for me to forward to them as the employers are relocating us i cant get PSS to come and quote in time would have been nice for the comparison

Archived