Seychelles shark attack leaves Briton dead

Guest Hatton

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:spinny:If we will venture in to their home , terrible for the wife though :sad:

yeah def, i said that to dave last night - if you go into the sea then you cant blame the shark really even tho its horrible. same if you got into a bears territory etc

feel so sorry for the family

Guest guest37336
video was horrible!

It's the one video Stacey (and I have watched hundreds, not through blood lust, but trying to learn) that sends shivers down my spine, it truly does my friend, shocking it is.:no:

http://www.news.com.au/world/help-mum-the-bear-is-eating-me-teens-desperate-000-call/story-e6frfkyi-1226117176758

I don't know what it sadder in this story - the actual story (which sounds like hell and my heart goes out to the family) or the comments left by the complete and utter tw*ts in reply to the story along the lines of 'Kill all bears, they obviously deserve it and anyone who can read this story and not agree is just sick'.

Anytime someone dies it is sad - if only for the family if nothing else - but how f*cked up are people that they want a wild animal dead for it, as if they cold blooded killed the human. We were talking just last night about animals and their brains (inspired by one of our cats having a dream and 'running' along in it), how anyone can be thick enough to think that a) an animal does it on 'purpose' as it were and b) gets any joy out of it and therefore deserves a death sentence (ala Harry Potter - I was amazed there wasn't comment in that film about the griffin thing only doing what is natural and the boy being a t*sser) is the idiot that deserves putting down imho. (Sorry. this whole thing makes me very cross - despite being quite grrrr about it I'm actually a happy clappy lets all live in harmony type lol so when someone threatens that it annoys me)

All of these stories are sad, my thoughts go to their families.

Guest guest37336
http://www.news.com.au/world/help-mum-the-bear-is-eating-me-teens-desperate-000-call/story-e6frfkyi-1226117176758

I don't know what it sadder in this story - the actual story (which sounds like hell and my heart goes out to the family) or the comments left by the complete and utter tw*ts in reply to the story along the lines of 'Kill all bears, they obviously deserve it and anyone who can read this story and not agree is just sick'.

Anytime someone dies it is sad - if only for the family if nothing else - but how f*cked up are people that they want a wild animal dead for it, as if they cold blooded killed the human. We were talking just last night about animals and their brains (inspired by one of our cats having a dream and 'running' along in it), how anyone can be thick enough to think that a) an animal does it on 'purpose' as it were and b) gets any joy out of it and therefore deserves a death sentence (ala Harry Potter - I was amazed there wasn't comment in that film about the griffin thing only doing what is natural and the boy being a t*sser) is the idiot that deserves putting down imho. (Sorry. this whole thing makes me very cross - despite being quite grrrr about it I'm actually a happy clappy lets all live in harmony type lol so when someone threatens that it annoys me)

All of these stories are sad, my thoughts go to their families.

Just had a look Pixie, yep, sick comments indeed, but 'thickness' is not enough reason to stop someone having a comment to make unfortunately,:no:.

Hopefully the general populous is now far more educated now of the animal kingdoms, wants, needs and indeed 'natural behaviour'.

Like you my heart goes out to the families of these people, a truly horrible death, but some really need to temper their want for vengeance and recrimination on the animal kingdom.:idea:

Were the daughter and the dad camping in the woods? bear attacks dont happen too often do they, your right about animals not doing it on purpose. with shark attacks theres usually something that triggers it like people dumping rubbish in the sea and attracting them or their food going too close to the shore. With bears its things like going too near the cubs but i think this time they've probably been desperate for food.

I read that they were going out to find and kill the bear and its cubs

Ive just realised how many programs ive watched about bears, i think im a little obsessed with them lol. I remember one where the man that followed them was a actual nutter to be honest. he ended up being eaten by one

the one i mentioned earlier was a brilliant program, ill see if i can find a link for it.

Guest guest37336
Were the daughter and the dad camping in the woods? bear attacks dont happen too often do they, your right about animals not doing it on purpose. with shark attacks theres usually something that triggers it like people dumping rubbish in the sea and attracting them or their food going too close to the shore. With bears its things like going too near the cubs but i think this time they've probably been desperate for food.

I read that they were going out to find and kill the bear and its cubs

Hi Stacey.

'Normally' it is an animal doing what come naturally, and sometimes it is a case of human intervention that makes the animal act in the way it does.

So many reasons why an animal attacks, animals NEVER attack for any other reason other than protection, opportunism, invasion of land/space, defence (particularly snakes), all in all Stacey and animals an animals and we often make the fatal mistake of giving them 'human' emotion, bloody daft, cute and cuddly, scaly, they are at the end of the day ANIMALS is all.

I even have two dogs and though I love them dearly I still realise they are animals, and 'could' act in way that is not thought of.

To give animals human emotion is as slippery path, and unfortunately when we do we are surprised that they bite us on the arse, and again unfortunately they are often the ones to pay the ultimate price for our ineptitude to 'understand' them.

Cheers Tony.

Guest guest37336

I see Brides is having a look and as an expert in her field I would imagine she is at times gob smacked at how some people act with dogs.

How many times have you been down the street and seen people approach a completely unknown dog from behind and bend down to pet it, and 'sometimes' that dog is going to react to this, and 'may' defend itself, poor bloody thing.

How would we feel if a complete stranger rocked up and rubbed our heads, seriously, we would react exactly the same. Don't get me wrong, I love dogs, wouldn't never be without one, but it is more often than not our own bloody fault that a dog is seen as problematic, makes me fume, really does.

To be fair nobody ever goes to pet my dogs, even when i say they are very friendly parents dont usually let their kids pet them. Everybodys scared of the big bad staffies round here lol.

When i was younger i went to clap two little lhasa apsos that lived in our village and they tried to bite the fingers off me, that was my own fault and i never clapped a strange dog again without the owners permission.

Guest guest37336
To be fair nobody ever goes to pet my dogs, even when i say they are very friendly parents dont usually let their kids pet them. Everybodys scared of the big bad staffies round here lol.

When i was younger i went to clap two little lhasa apsos that lived in our village and they tried to bite the fingers off me, that was my own fault and i never clapped a strange dog again without the owners permission.

It's like my Bulldog (Bert) Stacey, no one approaches him, soft as in real life, but in all honesty I would rather people ask first. They often regret it as he has a tendency to 'slobber' a bit when happy,:biglaugh::biglaugh:

I see Brides is having a look and as an expert in her field I would imagine she is at times gob smacked at how some people act with dogs.

How many times have you been down the street and seen people approach a completely unknown dog from behind and bend down to pet it, and 'sometimes' that dog is going to react to this, and 'may' defend itself, poor bloody thing.

How would we feel if a complete stranger rocked up and rubbed our heads, seriously, we would react exactly the same. Don't get me wrong, I love dogs, wouldn't never be without one, but it is more often than not our own bloody fault that a dog is seen as problematic, makes me fume, really does.

lol @ expert ( i like to say im in Tune with dogs ). I have been bitten a few times due to poor judgement my own doing , turn't my back on a trained gsd a long time ago and whistled the other dog to come ,:embarrassed: i had a gsd on my neck :biglaugh:

I do find people do forget they are animals and need guidance ( abit like children lol ) :mad: like the poodle who had a t -shirt on because the owner said he liked it ! :goofy:

I think if you are prepared to venture into the animals area then you have to realize that possibly the animal may attack .A good thing is find out how the animals tick . ie i know alot how wolves work , why they bite, why they submit . Bless my late Gsd she was a beast but she knew i was the leader . :swoon:Now my terrier on the other hand can not stand any dogs or children ( he has 2 children in his home ) but he knows where his place is in the home , but if i took my eyes off him i wouldn't put it pass him to snap .

:cute:Oh tony i haven't spoken about dogs in such a longtime since Keena , thank you got my passion back

Brides x

Lol eww i hate dog slobber! when i worked in the kennels we had two boxers that used to rub mad and shake slobber all over you! Sometimes i get offended by the way people act around eric and lucy but it must be a nightmare if you have a unfriendly dog and you had people running upto it to clap. I know you shouldnt trust a dog 100% with kids but erics soo good with children, its amazing. hes so patient and he doesnt jump up, hes so sensitive, dave said when his pappa had cancer eric would never jump up on him. he would just sit by him and cuddle in, same with when his mum had cancer too but now shes had the all clear for a few years hes back to jumping on her head lol. I wouldnt trust lucy with kids, she doesnt have the patience. Shes a rescue dog and she stayed with a little boy who used to terrorize her and pull her tail so she only likes older children.

Guest guest37336
lol @ expert ( i like to say im in Tune with dogs ). I have been bitten a few times due to poor judgement my own doing , turn't my back on a trained gsd a long time ago and whistled the other dog to come ,:embarrassed: i had a gsd on my neck :biglaugh:

I do find people do forget they are animals and need guidance ( abit like children lol ) :mad: like the poodle who had a t -shirt on because the owner said he liked it ! :goofy:

I think if you are prepared to venture into the animals area then you have to realize that possibly the animal may attack .A good thing is find out how the animals tick . ie i know alot how wolves work , why they bite, why they submit . Bless my late Gsd she was a beast but she knew i was the leader . :swoon:Now my terrier on the other hand can not stand any dogs or children ( he has 2 children in his home ) but he knows where his place is in the home , but if i took my eyes off him i wouldn't put it pass him to snap .

:cute:Oh tony i haven't spoken about dogs in such a longtime since Keena , thank you got my passion back

Brides x

No worries Brides, hope it didn't bring back too many sad memories for you, but you are indeed an expert on dogs, I may not always answer your posts about dogs but always take notice of them, live and learn and all that,:idea::yes:

And you're right about kids and animals, and ALL of us really, we all need to KNOW the boundaries, doesn't mean being cruel at all, just that the groundwork involved may often seem insurmountable but pays huge dividends in the end.

Cheers Tony.:wubclub:

Guest guest37336

There's only one 'creature' that I am wary of. Bearing in mind I have been bitten by a Redback, come close to many snake bites and seen, caught, swam with some truly awesome sharks, this is the ONE animal that still gives me the creeps:

australia-australia-spiders-big-critters-centipede-demotivational-poster-1244170138.jpg

Got bitten on the shoulder once in a shower in Cairns by one, (not a pretty site I'll have you know,:no::embarrassed:) and by god did it hurt, sorry to say I killed it as it wouldn't bloody let go, but I guess besides the look of them it is something that sticks in my mind, next time I will approach them with far more caution I guess.

Having said that, not all Centipedes of Australia have venom that can harm a human, but some do, and I just hit unlucky I guess.

Guest guest37336
Yuck!!

There's still two creatures in OZ stacey that are on my wish list.

The Funnel Web, :notworthy: never seen one in all my years out there,and the 'Fierce' snake (aka Inland Taipan and 'Fierce' being a completely unfair description of the reptile) the worlds most venomous snake, but certainly not the most dangerous by far.

Trouble is that the Fierce sake is so remotely spread that you could spend days, weeks, months trying to find one, but before the big man upstairs gets to me I am determined to see and get close to one,:yes:.

fierce-snake-24T6680-15D.jpg

78345637_2c8554052d.jpg

Guest guest37336

OK, this anorak is off for a while before I bore any more of you,:embarrassed:, but thank you all for the chat, I love this sort of thing and not only has it been an interesting topic but I have learnt a great deal, many thanks all.:notworthy:

I'll be back soon enough though, won't be able to stay away I'm afraid.:eek::embarrassed:

Hi, my first post on this good looking forum, I spent over 4 years in Perth and swam most nights after work and was never afraid as i looked at the statistics of very very rare shark attacks averaging one a year for the whole of Oz, if you think the millions of people swimming all over year and there is only one fatal your chances are virtually nil, never even seen a live snake in 4 years, nothing to be worried about if you are put off coming because of the dangerous animals, Perth is brilliant.