Obtaining a White card to work in construction

Guest andybhoy

Guest andybhoy

Hi all , I'm moving to Brisbane in a few months and I am a stonemason to trade , does anyone know if it's better to try and get a White card in the UK or wait til I get to Oz , I've heard that the companies in the uk that do assessments and testing for working in Australia are a rip off nut have no experience of using any as I done my TRA myself

Thanks

Andy

Guest welshspark

A company in Brisbane called Bluedog training do the white card online. You do the first part online then complete when you arrive its about $80 or $120 to do have a look on their web site.

The other option is a day course, sometimes easier if youve no internet or a forwarding address, this is a list of places in and around Brisbane that offer this service -

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=white+card+day+course+brisbane&hl=en&rlz=1G1TSAU_ENAU442&prmd=ivnscm&source=univ&tbm=plcs&tbo=u&ei=XVQ_TviuG4nVrQeAipUO&sa=X&oi=local_group&ct=more-results&resnum=1&ved=0CGIQtQMwAA&biw=1366&bih=627

I can't remeber if it was in POI that I read it or somewhere else that some companies don't like you doing the online versions as they can't guarentee it was you who actually did it.

Personally I don't like online learning because if I don't understand anything then I can't ask a question or clarify something.

Hi Andy,

Not sure if this info is too late...............but

My husband completed his white card in the uk, using the online site 'Bluedog' last year. He didnt have a problem, so we can say it is trustworthy site. He printed off his certificate and was able to use it in oz.

Guest andybhoy

Hi all thanks for replying , I have a cscs card here in scotland that was done on a computer at the training centre , I'll look up blue dog and the day course in Brisbane n see what the differences are , just another thing I want to get sorted to make it easier when there , thanks again for taking time to reply

Andy

• 1 month later...
Guest andybhoy
A company in Brisbane called Bluedog training do the white card online. You do the first part online then complete when you arrive its about $80 or $120 to do have a look on their web site.

Completed the course for $80 and received the certificate and been told my card is on it's way to the address in Brisbane were gonna be staying at !! Thanks again

When my husband did his white card with Bluedog Training he had to have his webcam on through out the tests to prove that it was him that sat the test with no help.

Ummm i wonder if they have a new system in place, ive known umpteen migrants complete the course here on my computer with no webcam ,when was this?

Cal x

Guest andybhoy

Yeah that's right with the webcam thing, they take random photos as your answering the questions to verify it's you ( don't like photos at best of times but it means it's done) not sure if they use a photo on the card though

• 2 weeks later...