Missed the boat????

CockneyRebel

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Prospects and lifestyle look good in Australia for kids, its a big factor on why we want to emigrate.

The Expat Explorer Survey focuses on expats’ experiences when bringing up children abroad.

The report looks at which focuses on six key global locations the best opportunities and experiences for their children.

Expats rated childcare, education, ease of integration, costs of raising children, time spent outside, and time spent taking part in outdoor activities. In addition, they also rated the relative ease in which they were able to do the following in their new country of residence.

Read The Full Report Here

Expat Survey Full Report

Key findings

One in three of the expats surveyed (31%) have dependent children (children under the age of 18) living with them abroad in a total of 26 different countries around the world.

Of the top six countries (UAE, US, UK, Singapore, Hong Kong and Australia), expats in Singapore are the most likely to have children who currently live with them (46%), while just a quarter (24%) of expats in the UK have dependent children.

Generally, 37% of expats have experienced an increase in the quality of family life since moving abroad. Of the top six countries, Australia had the largest proportion of expat parents (55%) who reported an improvement in the quality of family life compared with where they used to live.

Some expats reported that moving to the UK can have a negative effect on their family life – 45% reported a decline in quality compared with only 16% who reported an improvement.

Australia Takes Best Overall for Children

Of those countries surveyed as part of the Offshore Offspring report, expats living in Australia feel the country provides the best environment for healthy and active children. For example, parents report that these children are the most likely to spend more time outdoors than in their previous country. Children in Australia are more likely to have increased the amount of time spent playing sports (68% vs. 44% globally) and are also the most likely to spend less time watching TV and to eat healthily, making Australia the best place for children to adopt a healthy way of living.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Hatton
Shares strike me as being increasingly cheap, whereas gold seems a bit bubblicious.

I agree with L1sa's comment that it's not looking good ahead. I'm inclined to believe that there aren't many or even any countries that look safe, rather it's a case of picking the least worst option.

The good news is that Australia has a relatively low level of national debt, which gives it a lot the government a lot more room for manoeuvre if we see GFC 2.0 in the coming months.

The bad news is that the populace is massively leveraged, and it's worth bearing in mind that the Irish has low national debt combined with high personal debt on the back of a property bubble back in 2008...

Just listened to an expert on the radio who says the UK will recover quite quick but the real basket-case is the eurozone Countries who are in for a bumpy ride.

Just to put people's minds at rest, I've lived in both countries (UK and OZ) for most of my adult life, and I've watched them both swing this way and that. The cycles we are in now will change, maybe soon. The idea that you've missed the boat is just plain silly. You can always wait till the waters are calmer and catch another boat.

Guest guest37336

Sorry lads and lasses, but I had to delete a few posts on here as they referred to a rather obnoxious and offensive post that has been deleted. Once again, I apologise for taking by this course of action, unfortunately one member has spoilt it for the few.

Cheers Tony.

Guest Hatton
Just to put people's minds at rest, I've lived in both countries (UK and OZ) for most of my adult life, and I've watched them both swing this way and that. The cycles we are in now will change, maybe soon. The idea that you've missed the boat is just plain silly. You can always wait till the waters are calmer and catch another boat.

Breath of fresh air amongst the "Titanic abandon ship" I agree :cute:

Sorry lads and lasses, but I had to delete a few posts on here as they referred to a rather obnoxious and offensive post that has been deleted. Once again, I apologise for taking by this course of action, unfortunately one member has spoilt it for the few.

Cheers Tony.

How come one post referring to the post has not been deleted?

Guest Guest 47403

l

First off MODS (Tony :mad:) why is this still in MBTTUK and not News, Gossip and chat?

As for the highlighted bit show me a link to prove it and I'll show you a link to disprove it, it's irrelevent any 1st world country is going to have obese people so it's a stupid argument to start if you fancy swapping stats on olympic medal winners per population as a % then go for it.

The second highlighted bit now can't you understand every country has a certain standard of living, if wages didn't reflect the standard of living then people would be flocking to leave Australia rather than flocking to Australia.

I can see from your previous posts that you failed to make your move to Oz work for what ever reasons and your back in the UK and good luck to you, If you came on here and said these were the pitfalls, try not to make the same mistake I'd have a bit of respect.

Guest Hatton
Prospects and lifestyle look good in Australia for kids, its a big factor on why we want to emigrate.

The Expat Explorer Survey focuses on expats’ experiences when bringing up children abroad.

The report looks at which focuses on six key global locations the best opportunities and experiences for their children.

Expats rated childcare, education, ease of integration, costs of raising children, time spent outside, and time spent taking part in outdoor activities. In addition, they also rated the relative ease in which they were able to do the following in their new country of residence.

Read The Full Report Here

Expat Survey Full Report

Key findings

One in three of the expats surveyed (31%) have dependent children (children under the age of 18) living with them abroad in a total of 26 different countries around the world.

Of the top six countries (UAE, US, UK, Singapore, Hong Kong and Australia), expats in Singapore are the most likely to have children who currently live with them (46%), while just a quarter (24%) of expats in the UK have dependent children.

Generally, 37% of expats have experienced an increase in the quality of family life since moving abroad. Of the top six countries, Australia had the largest proportion of expat parents (55%) who reported an improvement in the quality of family life compared with where they used to live.

Some expats reported that moving to the UK can have a negative effect on their family life – 45% reported a decline in quality compared with only 16% who reported an improvement.

Australia Takes Best Overall for Children

Of those countries surveyed as part of the Offshore Offspring report, expats living in Australia feel the country provides the best environment for healthy and active children. For example, parents report that these children are the most likely to spend more time outdoors than in their previous country. Children in Australia are more likely to have increased the amount of time spent playing sports (68% vs. 44% globally) and are also the most likely to spend less time watching TV and to eat healthily, making Australia the best place for children to adopt a healthy way of living.

Hoff you keep posting these statistics but you can take them with a pinch of salt when it comes to peoples own circumstances, some people will find they have a better life in Oz and others will find they will have a better life in the UK, people are all different and what suits one will not suit another.....the real test is when you get to Oz and see if you like it...then statistics become irrelevant.

Guest Guest 47403
Hoff you keep posting these statistics but you can take them with a pinch of salt when it comes to peoples own circumstances, some people will find they have a better life in Oz and others will find they will have a better life in the UK, people are all different and what suits one will not suit another.....the real test is when you get to Oz and see if you like it...then statistics become irrelevant.

Hatton (is it Vicky?) we can all spend all day bloody long posting stats and it's irrelevent, I think it was you a couple days ago that you posted Oz was the most obese nation which I was suprised about so googled it and found other stats for 2011 reports and oz wasn't even in the top 20, it's all subjective.

The only thing people can do is experience things for themselves and either learn by there mistakes or embrace the new life they have.........by the way those leathers in your avatar look like tradional leathers with no kevlar............not impressed young lady!

Hatton (is it Vicky?) we can all spend all day bloody long posting stats and it's irrelevent, I think it was you a couple days ago that you posted Oz was the most obese nation which I was suprised about so googled it and found other stats for 2011 reports and oz wasn't even in the top 20, it's all subjective.

The only thing people can do is experience things for themselves and either learn by there mistakes or embrace the new life they have.........by the way those leathers in your avatar look like tradional leathers with no kevlar............not impressed young lady!

Thats just what i was about to say.. people can give their opinion and say you wont be able to afford it etc but its upto the individual to make the decision and make their own mistakes in life.

at the end of the day if you dont like it or it doesnt work out then you come back to the UK, no shame in that.

Guest Hatton
Thats just what i was about to say.. people can give their opinion and say you wont be able to afford it etc but its upto the individual to make the decision and make their own mistakes in life.

at the end of the day if you dont like it or it doesnt work out then you come back to the UK, no shame in that.

Thanks, that is exactly what i am saying, statistics mean nothing, it is up to the individual.

Guest Hatton

No problem :cute: I have no shortage of admirers when I wear them...do you :wink:

Guest Guest 47403

Absolutely Stace........... go for it!

Guest Guest 47403

Young Mrs Hatton even in the quiet roads of west cornwall....................you NEED proper kevlar leathers tell him in doors to bloody it sort out!

Guest Hatton
Young Mrs Hatton even in the quiet roads of west cornwall....................you NEED proper kevlar leathers tell him in doors to bloody it sort out!

I agree TO BE HONEST, i RIDE MY BIKE IN SHORTS IN THE SUMMER...YES YES i KNOW...:embarrassed:

First off MODS (Tony :mad:) why is this still in MBTTUK and not News, Gossip and chat?

As for the highlighted bit show me a link to prove it and I'll show you a link to disprove it, it's irrelevent any 1st world country is going to have obese people so it's a stupid argument to start if you fancy swapping stats on olympic medal winners per population as a % then go for it.

The second highlighted bit now can't you understand every country has a certain standard of living, if wages didn't reflect the standard of living then people would be flocking to leave Australia rather than flocking to Australia.

I can see from your previous posts that you failed to make your move to Oz work for what ever reasons and your back in the UK and good luck to you, If you came on here and said these were the pitfalls, try not to make the same mistake I'd have a bit of respect.

I think the phrase is you have the wrong end of the stick.

Point 1 im still in Oz and have made a success, im going to return its inevitable but why would i at the moment? Im hoping that the Aussie dollar rockets and i come home with even more money. But thats from a selfish point of view.

That said i dont want to see anyone starving in the motherland either or here when i have left.

The obesity claim was on Aussie tv. Whether they are right or wrong i dont care or know as i dont have access to the statistics. What im trying to point out is that our friend from Barnsley (Knight Rider) just keeps flooding this forum with propaganda.

What im saying is where you bring your children up either UK or Oz is proportional to the money you have. Its no different in either country.

You believe what you want to believe. Denial is very powerful..