New Cat 4 July 1st 2011

Guest cat4july2011

Don't know whats got into the OH this morning, he looked like a rabbit in headlights as he was leaving for work, i asked him what was wrong and he said that it has hit him all of a sudden that we will be leaving the safety of a great job, nice home, basically everything and generally freaking out :goofy:, then asked me how i seemed so calm about it :huh: where has he been the last 7 months when we were waiting for our visa n i turned into a basket case psycho nut freak..... I'm done with stressing out for now as i have done enough in the last few months to last me 10 lifetimes :cool:

Guest waitingtogotooz
What does your agent say about you still waiting?

They say this:

Unfortunately it is a waiting game at this stage.

I wish to confirm that we have emailed your case officer and continue to monitor your application online – your medicals are showing as finalised and your documents are currently showing as ‘met’ of which we have informed your case officer of this.

Your case officer, will no doubt be receiving several emails from not just applications from the UK but also applications that she has been allocated to from around the world.

Therefore it is now just a waiting game and unfortunately, the Department of Immigration and Citizenship do not give exact estimates on how long it will take to process an application due to different factors such as work load, priority cases etc having an effect all the time it takes case officers to assess and make a decision on individual visa applications.

Rest assured, as soon as we hear from your case officer, we will contact you straight away.

They say this:

I wish to confirm that we have emailed your case officer and continue to monitor your application online – your medicals are showing as finalised and your documents are currently showing as ‘met’ of which we have informed your case officer of this.

Your case officer, will no doubt be receiving several emails from not just applications from the UK but also applications that she has been allocated to from around the world.

Therefore it is now just a waiting game and unfortunately, the Department of Immigration and Citizenship do not give exact estimates on how long it will take to process an application due to different factors such as work load, priority cases etc having an effect all the time it takes case officers to assess and make a decision on individual visa applications.

Rest assured, as soon as we hear from your case officer, we will contact you straight away.

sounds like the usual responce:policeman: at least they have e-mailed you CO, or so they say, how annoying :SLEEP: :hug:

"External checks"? How long does it take for Low Risk countries? Anyone knows? :chatterbox:

I guess it depends, every case is different and it's difficult to respond with so little information.

Have you visited/lived in any high risk countries in the last 10 years? born in a high risk country? only your CO will know the answer. some people from HR backgrounds wait up to a year to complete background checks. If you have not lived/worked/visited ant HR countries, then maybe you should ask CO.

Im getting very lonely and bored in the torture chamber.

Hope your wait will soon be over, I am getting frustrated already and we dont even have a CO yet!!!

I suppose good things come to those who wait but the waiting is soooo hard!!! And its only been 6 months since we lodged our application, but really we started the whole process months before that so it seems like longer.......

Fingers crossed your hear before the weekend.

They say this:

Could you ask your Agent to forward the email he sent on your behalf or in future when he is emailing on your behalf to attach you in this isn't difficult to do, reason I say this is as I don't believe my agent sent any emails on my behalf as he said he was until the day I said I would contact them myself if he wasn't getting any response and the next day I had an email from my agent with my visa grant just remember you pay your agent to work for you, good luck

Could you ask your Agent to forward the email he sent on your behalf or in future when he is emailing on your behalf to attach you in this isn't difficult to do, reason I say this is as I don't believe my agent sent any emails on my behalf as he said he was until the day I said I would contact them myself if he wasn't getting any response and the next day I had an email from my agent with my visa grant just remember you pay your agent to work for you, good luck

Yes Tania i agree, good idea :idea:

Guest Flippie123
I guess it depends, every case is different and it's difficult to respond with so little information.

Have you visited/lived in any high risk countries in the last 10 years? born in a high risk country? only your CO will know the answer. some people from HR backgrounds wait up to a year to complete background checks. If you have not lived/worked/visited ant HR countries, then maybe you should ask CO.

I've been on a holiday to Turkey once! Israel and Jordan. And Germany of couse...very high risk.:wacko: I've been waiting for 3 months now. I see that you've only had to wait for 1 month. :chatterbox: I emailed my CO so many times. They only say: be patient!

btw. I'm from The Netherlands.

Guest waitingtogotooz
:chatterbox: I emailed my CO so many times. They only say: be patient!

I know that feeling!!

I've been on a holiday to Turkey once! Israel and Jordan. And Germany of couse...very high risk.:wacko: I've been waiting for 3 months now. I see that you've only had to wait for 1 month. :chatterbox: I emailed my CO so many times. They only say: be patient!

I can only guess but seeing as you got the e-mail saying 'your external checks are going on please be patient', which they usually do for HR applicants, there must be something in your application (possibly trip to Jordan/Israel) that is flagging up. I think external background checks are done by the Australian equivalent of FBI.

I suggest you wait and not contact CO, they will be in touch when all checks are finished and not before, and could take as long as 12 months. I wish you best of luck :smile:

Guest waitingtogotooz
Did u get this crazy 18th of March email about co allocation within 3 months? I had that 1. Why? :chatterbox:

Yes we did get this email.

Im sorry I don't know the answer.

Best of luck though

Well the question is now, how long do I leave it before I ask them to make contact again.

I would send another now in response to your agent email and ask him why he isn't getting any response from your CO, mention that you regular visit a forum where lots of others are in the same position as you and they have had no problem in getting emails back from their CO, ask him to send another on your behalf and copy you in the address bar or you could say that you could email your CO yourself, you could put " sorry if I sound in patient but waiting for a descion is causing lack of sleep this is driving me mad!! not that is your fault but could you please call them and find out if their is any problem or when they are likley to give us a descion I would really appreciate that".

just an idea

I am a May 5th Applicant. Recently i have been seeing grants to a lot of people (WHICH IS A GOOD THING :notworthy:) who have applied in May but I havent even heard from a CO yet.

Hi and welcome to this thread would you like me to add your details to the front page if so please fill in the details below, we still have some waiting for a co in May so I wouldn't worry yet.

Name:

Destination:

Date of Visa application:

Nationality:

High/Low Risk:

Trade/profession:

Visa type:

Onshore/offshore:

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable):

Post-14th July Category:

Medicals submitted:

Police check submitted:

Date CO assigned:

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted

I am a May 5th Applicant. Recently i have been seeing grants to a lot of people (WHICH IS A GOOD THING :notworthy:) who have applied in May but I havent even heard from a CO yet.

I haven't heard from CO too and I am April applicant, so we have to be patient.:wubclub:

Guest Lori2011
:shocked:OMG I have a telephone interview with a company that I have applied for a job with.:jiggy: All of you that know me will know what that means, ARRRRRGGGGHHHH major panic:wacko:, what do I do:swoon:. Should I have been applying for jobs so early, do I, if offered move out there and leave hubby and kiddies at home to sell the house (I’am not being apart for Christmas)

This is so exciting as I thought I might not get looked at being a newbie Sheila looking for a blokes job. :laugh:

:arghh:Arrrrggggghhhhhh.:arghh:

In life only 2 things happen in the correct order. :yes:

Congrats!! Anne, where r u looking for jobs? Can you share the website please? ;)

hi guys

my document checklist is acting weird.... an earlier printout of my document checklist shows "Overseas Penal Clearance Certificate" as "Required". however, today, when i checked the list again, that entry itself has vanished, for my spouse and me!

what could be wrong....?

regards

ind175