New Cat 4 July 1st 2011

Guest cat4july2011

Hi All - just a general question for those that submitted a 175 app prior to the July 2011 changes;

Did the changes have any effect on your applications, i.e did it slow then down at all?

We are considering submitting a 175 in the coming months but are a bit worried about any negative effect that the July 2012 changes may have - would we be out to the bottom of the pile???

Hi guys,

What a frustrating last few days I've had:cry:

I need your advice on something please:

Went to previous employer today and they actually gave me the reference letter,yay! BUT

They refused to give the original contract,and we can't have the contract certified if we don't have the original. They gave me the same copy as before:realmad:

I am so frustrated with them! The CEO came out of his office when I was there and told me that they're busy and don't have time to read my emails and jump at my requests.

We only asked them for a copy of contract and to sign a letter and when I told him this he got very angry and actually threatened me saying that I must rather not start a fight with him because we'll be sorry...

So what now?

I hope someone has some advice,I'm sooooo frustrated:arghh::arghh:

I'm sorry, I have no answer. Just that it is extremely unfair to frustrate someones future just because you don't want to spend one minute to get a contract!! That's just awful! I don't know, maybe you have legal rights?? or maybe, the CEO has signed the reference letter, so could you know turn to HR for the contract??

a question about the waiting room:

everything including our PCCs show as met, only the medicals still as required. That is probably because the doctor is sending the forms and everything by ordinary mail and we had our medicals on the 16th so they probably have not arrived yet. But will I know when they arrive?? Anyone any idea on how long that could take?

And when are we allowed to sit (or stand) in the waiting room?

Hi guys,

Went to previous employer today and they actually gave me the reference letter,yay! BUT

They refused to give the original contract,and we can't have the contract certified if we don't have the original. They gave me the same copy as before:realmad:

I am so frustrated with them! The CEO came out of his office when I was there and told me that they're busy and don't have time to read my emails and jump at my requests.

We only asked them for a copy of contract and to sign a letter and when I told him this he got very angry and actually threatened me saying that I must rather not start a fight with him because we'll be sorry...

So what now?

Quote the data protection act you have the right to have a copy of all docs the company hold for you. The company I worked for went bust and did not file income tax for me so I just got a letter off inland revenue and sent a copy of this with a letter stating why I could not provide a p60 for the year, I also got a guy who worked at the company to do me a reference.

What I am saying is as long as you have some docs from the company e.g. pay slips, p60, reference you should be fine. If you feel you need to, provide a supporting stat dec. don’t panic you will be fine

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_Protection_Act

Quote the data protection act you have the right to have a copy of all docs the company hold for you. The company I worked for went bust and did not file income tax for me so I just got a letter off inland revenue and sent a copy of this with a letter stating why I could not provide a p60 for the year, I also got a guy who worked at the company to do me a reference.

What I am saying is as long as you have some docs from the company e.g. pay slips, p60, reference you should be fine. If you feel you need to, provide a supporting stat dec. don’t panic you will be fine

Yes Tania another link

Guest waitingtogotooz
a question about the waiting room:

everything including our PCCs show as met, only the medicals still as required. That is probably because the doctor is sending the forms and everything by ordinary mail and we had our medicals on the 16th so they probably have not arrived yet. But will I know when they arrive?? Anyone any idea on how long that could take?

And when are we allowed to sit (or stand) in the waiting room?

Where on the online application does it show your PCCs? I cant see mine on my online

application!

Sorry I dont know your answer, can the clinic not give you a tracking number?

Arghhh what a crazy 7 days it's been! :wacko:

Last Thursday i was under serious pressure to get five deadlines done before 5pm as i was going off for three days to visit family...rushing out the door to go and get packed at home and bosses call me back for an 'important chat' - needless to say i started panicking, thinking 'they've found out we're going, argghh!' .... low and behold, they offer me a promotion! needless to say i skirted round the issue coz i didnt want to say 'no i'm leaving' so said i needed a few days to think about it.

thats part one lol

got back to work on wednesday and managed to be in meetings all day and avoid speaking to the bosses lol, but while i was doing that we got bookings for two viewings on our house that night. night came and two viewings later, the second viewer came back to the door five mins later and offered us the asking price and a flexible move out date!! all got confirmed today so waiting to finalising missives already!

now we're formulating our resignation letters, argghhh its all so mad! police checks are apparently on their way so we'll soon be in the waiting room too! plus trying to get car mot and service sorted plus three family birthdays eeekkk :arghh: and our 12 year anniversary is on monday too, gotta buy a present! lol

It sounds kinda crazy (probably anlopa's madness rubbing off on us all) but I can smell my exciting new future just round the corner - all i need now is the golden ticket rubber stamp to top things off!!

fingers are always crossed for everyone else!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Guest Lori2011
Hi guys,

So what now?

Geez! I've read in other forums that you can sign a statutory thingy and attach some kind of proof, such as payslips, social security info, bank accounts anx tax payments. I would recommend not to start a fight with ur former employer....maybe some former coworkers can sign the letter and keep it secret from the CEO

Guest Lori2011
Where on the online application does it show your PCCs? I cant see mine on my online

application!

Sorry I dont know your answer, can the clinic not give you a tracking number?

I cannot see my pcc either! I almost had a heart attack thinking my agent didn't submit it!! Please do share where i can check If pcc is required or met

Hi everybody,

this morning I looked into my status (like every morning) and I have noticed a new line "Application being processed further" with todays time stamp. There is no further information, documents are still all marked as required and I have not received any mail. Could this mean that I have a CO? :wub:

21/04/2011 Application received - processing commenced Message

21/04/2011 Application fee received Message

25/11/2011 Application being processed further Message

Hope blech has the same change! :-)

Hi everybody,

this morning I looked into my status (like every morning) and I have noticed a new line "Application being processed further" with todays time stamp. There is no further information, documents are still all marked as required and I have not received any mail. Could this mean that I have a CO? :wub:

Hmmm... Maybe this is because we uploaded a Change of address form nearly 3 months ago. Medicals have been uploaded and changed to finalised already 2 weeks ago.. Pccs are up as well....

Somehow I am rather nervous this morning... :skeptical:

Bpremji add me to the waiting room!! :)

Submitted payslips,tax documents and reference letter and job description. So I think we'll be fine :):)

Anlopa thank you so much for that link,you're awesome and my waitingroom mentor ;).

Hope everyone has a great day and weekend.

A

Bpremji add me to the waiting room!! :)

Submitted payslips,tax documents and reference letter and job description. So I think we'll be fine :):)

Anlopa thank you so much for that link,you're awesome and my waitingroom mentor ;).

Hope everyone has a great day and weekend.

A

I think you may have a CO, you probably havent got an email as you have front loaded medicals and PCC's......

Thats what Im hopin for you anyway :biggrin:

Hi everybody,

Arghhh what a crazy 7 days it's been! :wacko:

Last Thursday i was under serious pressure to get five deadlines done before 5pm as i was going off for three days to visit family...rushing out the door to go and get packed at home and bosses call me back for an 'important chat' - needless to say i started panicking, thinking 'they've found out we're going, argghh!' .... low and behold, they offer me a promotion! needless to say i skirted round the issue coz i didnt want to say 'no i'm leaving' so said i needed a few days to think about it.

thats part one lol

got back to work on wednesday and managed to be in meetings all day and avoid speaking to the bosses lol, but while i was doing that we got bookings for two viewings on our house that night. night came and two viewings later, the second viewer came back to the door five mins later and offered us the asking price and a flexible move out date!! all got confirmed today so waiting to finalising missives already!

now we're formulating our resignation letters, argghhh its all so mad! police checks are apparently on their way so we'll soon be in the waiting room too! plus trying to get car mot and service sorted plus three family birthdays eeekkk :arghh: and our 12 year anniversary is on monday too, gotta buy a present! lol

It sounds kinda crazy (probably anlopa's madness rubbing off on us all) but I can smell my exciting new future just round the corner - all i need now is the golden ticket rubber stamp to top things off!!

fingers are always crossed for everyone else!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

OMG congratulations on getting a buyer :jiggy: I have been trying for 3 years :sad: good luck with all your moving plans

Hi guys,

So what now?

In this situation, I would raise a Statutory Declaration form and get it signed/evidenced by a solicitor. On the Stat Dec, I would explain why you cant provide the contract and what the employee has said..eg: what happened when you visited.

LOL

We are turning into nut jobs :twitcy::err:

I blame Anlopa.....I was a normal guy before this. My wife has now become a nut job in getting the house ready to sell.

Hmmm... Maybe this is because we uploaded a Change of address form nearly 3 months ago. Medicals have been uploaded and changed to finalised already 2 weeks ago.. Pccs are up as well....

Somehow I am rather nervous this morning... :skeptical:

It looks like you may have a CO, can you email DIAC or an agent as ask?

My Husband booked this week off to relax :SLEEP: :nah: I sorted all my loft out ready for him to take to the skip :biggrin:

I had a similar experience too.....quiet Sunday afternoon when I hear what I thought was the ceiling falling in........no......it was my wife in the loft throwing stuff (rubbish) down. See Pic!!

declutterimag0338.jpg

I always find it funny how a mans stuff is always classed as clutter and a women's is not!!