New Cat 4 July 1st 2011

Guest cat4july2011

Guest waitingtogotooz

We all had to strip down to undies too.

My youngest daughter (2) loved it lol but the rest of us went a dark shade of pink and our BP's must have shot up.

Luckily for me and the girls it was a female GP who was lovely.

Guys don't scare me!!!!I will do my medical check with 2 small sons (1,5 and 4) we can't manage them 4 hours :nah: and strip undies? Are you joking???:err:

I really think it depends on who you have to do the Medicals, if your unlucky it's a strip!! Just make sure you have undies that are of a more covering variety and a matching bra always helps:biglaugh::yes: TBH it really didn't bother me at all having to strip, but the breast exam was a bit embarrassing :embarrassed: but you only have to do this if your over 40, that's what the Doc told me. Took us around 3 hours in total.

I really think it depends on who you have to do the Medicals, if your unlucky it's a strip!! Just make sure you have undies that are of a more covering variety and a matching bra always helps:biglaugh::yes: TBH it really didn't bother me at all having to strip, but the breast exam was a bit embarrassing :embarrassed: but you only have to do this if your over 40, that's what the Doc told me. Took us around 3 hours in total.

ok then I hope we will be lucky and our kids will be in good mood that day.

Guest waitingtogotooz
My boss has just had a call from the Australian Embassy to verify my job role. Hopefully should hear something soon!!

our work 'required' changed to MET the next day after this call.

fingers crossed for you

Don't we have the same CO, if so maybe he is not on holiday. Just not processing my app:arghh:

Yes we do, but this might be a good thing. My wife was quick to point out that if he has been on holiday, he would have a back log to go through. So hopefully he's up to speed now and in the mood for doing some granting!! :biggrin:

Yes we do, but this might be a good thing. My wife was quick to point out that if he has been on holiday, he would have a back log to go through. So hopefully he's up to speed now and in the mood for doing some granting!! :biggrin:

Starting to like you,:wubclub::wubclub:

See, though your wife is starting to think like me:goofy: as she is a woman :tongue:we can still deal with the facts.:laugh:

DCAL, did your "Evidence of work experience" show as required or met prior to this call?

Everything still shows as required. I share the same the same CO as Anlopa and Mandymark, and our CO does not update this part of the site. Mandymark' checklist (who had their grant last week) still shows as required.

Guest AndyH78

Thanks DCAL, I'm just concerned as mine says met. But someone posted on here a few days back that theirs said met, and DIAC still contacted their employer. I'm in two minds whether or not to inform my boss just in case.

Thanks DCAL, I'm just concerned as mine says met. But someone posted on here a few days back that theirs said met, and DIAC still contacted their employer. I'm in two minds whether or not to inform my boss just in case.

Nobody to our knowledge contacted my husbands work so again I think it just depends on your CO!

We're the same as Trax.....dont think anyone contacted my OH's employer either. Was quite surprised really cos OH was in the RAF when he applied & we sent a letter from his Boss along with evidence of his discharge date (27 June 2010). So, it should have been obvious that OH had changed his employer since but they didnt ask for any evidence of it.

Suppose it depends on how soon you're planning to move to Oz. If its likely to be some way off, I'd not mention it to my employer. Difficult one though, but if your evidence says 'met', i'd say that they're less likely to contact your employer now.

Good luck, Mandy x

Thanks DCAL, I'm just concerned as mine says met. But someone posted on here a few days back that theirs said met, and DIAC still contacted their employer. I'm in two minds whether or not to inform my boss just in case.[/QUO

That was me, both work experience and specific work experience showed 'MET' but once we submitted form 80 it triggered a works call, the day after the work call, form 80 then changed to 'MET'........ so once all the above 3 mentioned are saying 'MET' only then can u let your guard down.

Thats maybe we didnt get a call then, never filled out a form 80 & it wasnt on our checklist. Does everyone have to complete one now?

Mandy

Yes, i would say almost everyone, there are one or two for some reason don't get asked. It's also called a 'personal character assessment form' and can be seen on the second page of the on- line document checklist . Count yourself lucky because it's a right headache of a form to fill in:wacko:

I thought it was the first thing you had to fill in when lodging your application, this is what my agent had me fill in at the start.

I think you can do it at any time, i know some who have filled at the start, but we didnt have to and alot of people leave it till there asked by CO, either way is acceptable though.

• Like 1

was it an older lady with shoulder length grey hair? She was very straight in her attitude and didn't smile or put me at ease much, that didn't help as i was already a wreck:rolleyes::mad:

She is a professional Doctor though all the same so i really can't moan, i just expected a nice bright and cheery Doctor, who would be kind and caring, as i have heard many times on this forum about the Panel Doctors.

I must admit that our doctor in Manchester was amazing, I was told to wrap a sheet around myself and he uploaded my daughters details whilst we were sitting there and we didn't get fondled at all!! He just put us at ease the whole time and was really lovely and we were only in just over an hour :biggrin: