New Cat 4 July 1st 2011

Guest cat4july2011

Here's an idle question:

Does anyone know of a situation where someone had a CO and did NOT see ABPF? For instance, someone who front-loaded medicals and PCCs and went from nothing changed since Application Received - Processing Commenced to grant? Or, they had their employer called to check references but they did not have ABPF on their status. Just wondering...

Guest rocking adi

Dear hmsmark,

There have been instances where the CO does not contact the applicant incase everything has already been frontloaded. They only contact you incase they feel something is missing from your file. For instance, if someone hasn't uploaded Medical/PCC, the first thing they do is send a mail asking for the same. Since it takes time for the medical/PCC to be finalized, meanwhile they can check other documents while they wait for those pending one to be uploaded.

But if someone has uploaded all the documents, all they do is check at their end and give a direct grant/pre-grant if you are already in the country.

Although, you can send a query on post-lodgement form which would just nudge your CO a bit to come out of cover :)

Hope that helps in calming some nerves :)

Cheers

Adi

Here's an idle question:

Does anyone know of a situation where someone had a CO and did NOT see ABPF? For instance, someone who front-loaded medicals and PCCs and went from nothing changed since Application Received - Processing Commenced to grant? Or, they had their employer called to check references but they did not have ABPF on their status. Just wondering...

Edited by rocking adi
Typo

Guest rocking adi

Dear Poeribbo,

If something doesn't change from required to met doesn't mean that the CO is waiting on some documents. In some cases the documents in the checklist have appeared to be required yet the applicant has the visa granted. When I spoke to a DIAC representative they told me that it is the discertion of the CO to change the status of the documents. If they need any missing documents, they would contact you.

In my case, all the documents were shown required till the time I got the grant :)

I know waiting is difficult in this scenario, but keep yourself calm and you would hear the good news soon :)

Cheers

Adi

. We are using an agent, as far as I know all evidence apart from meds and pccs (which we still need to do) were uploaded back in june by the agent when we applied. When we spoke to our agent he said that it was an indication that we are about to get a case officer. However everything is still showing as required. I am as frustrated as you - you would think they would concentrate on one month at a time! Lol! Our time will come mattster155 and we will be all the more pleased because we have been so patient! Lmao!!!!!!

Guest rocking adi

Congrats SHandGH :)

You are not far from the arrival ticket, start looking for your travel dates :) And Kuddos for you to keeping this thread alive. Meanwhile, I got my grant and everything went smoothly in NZ :)

Good luck in waiting room, I hope it doesn't take you that long to vacate that seat for someone else waiting in queue :)

Cheers

Adi

We got back our PCCs today and have sent them on. That means we are in the waiting room.:eek:

Who else is in here, let me see.

Jaffas1

njk

ciscoranger

breilly

bloomberg

twistedspiky

masvirk

helloomer

Correct me if I missed anyone.

Guest ind175

all so quiet this week? :( after the flurry of activity last week, this silence is deafening...

hope DIAC wakes up from its slumber and starts allocating more COs and more grants...

cheers

ind175

all so quiet this week? :( after the flurry of activity last week, this silence is deafening...

hope DIAC wakes up from its slumber and starts allocating more COs and more grants...

I've been thinking about the sudden spurt of COs we've seen last week, and the relative quiet we're now seeing (since I'm a September applicant, I now check my visa application online at least 3 times a day to await ABPF) and to my mind, the delay seems to make a lot of sense.

We've had all CO's working on June 2011 applications only for months; rather than batching based on country/risk or anything else, it's been only June 2011 - now that (almost) all June applicants have COs, the normal batching and allocation speed that we're used to from last year can be resumed.

Based on the large number of COs assigned last week, compared with the number of grants received/visa decisions made, it makes sense that the majority of COs would be processing the applications that they've been allocated in the last week or so; and therefore until we see the number of visa decisions made increase to the approximate level of CO allocations, we can't expect to see CO allocation increase to where they were last week.

It also ties in with a post I read on this thread a few months ago: that the CO-decision timeline seems to move in fortnightly surges: a week of CO applications, followed by a week of grants (or decisions).

We are, to my mind, just seeing a bit of lag in the decision rate due to COs processing all the applications they were allocated last week. I expect to see visa grants pick up toward the end of the week, with CO allocations picking up again midway through next week.

Just my rambling 2 cents' worth.

Patrick

Guest vickey1

Last week we've seen many LR applicants till Sep-11 got CO and this week many HR applicants starting from Jul-11 till Aug-11 have got CO's. There are few HR applicants filed in Sep-11 and didnt get CO's (for instance PatricW ). Hopefully by the end of this week or by early next week all HR applicants till Sep-11 should have CO.

Or it is also possible that all applicants till Sep-11 irrespective of HR and LR countries have CO's but not received any communication from the respective COs.

I thought the same thing, vickey1, regarding HR and LR applications, but keisha is a HR Sept 2011 applicant, after me, who has already received a CO - which led me to think that batching applications by location might be happening.

I certainly hope that I'll have a CO by the end of the week! I don't think I have a CO at present, though. As soon as I have been granted one, I expect to be contacted to upload medicals and PCCs, which I've not yet done. In other cases where these have been front-loaded, I think it's possible to have a grant without ABPF notification, but in my case I don't think that's happening.

Patrick

Edited by PatrickW

Guest 3Pirrets2Oz

Hi everyone, we had our medicals yesterday in Edinburgh, fingers crossed we won't be waiting too long for that final decision! Nothing more to do for visa now...feels strange! Champers is now officially chilling in fridge xxx

Edited by 3Pirrets2Oz

Hi. I am also in the waiting room now and my dates are shown in the signature below. Hopefully it won't be long to go now as it looks like my job in the UK is in imminent danger. Fingers crossed this all goes to plan.

SHandGH can you update my details on the speadsheet. Thanks.

175 online 01/07/11. Meds: 15/02/12. PCC 17/02/12. CO:20/03/12

Edited by hoodwink

Guest jaffas1

Just a quick update, our agent uploaded our form 80 last Friday, he said they would not need all the passport numbers for my husband as they should all be linked on the electronic system.

We are off on Friday for our reccie trip, but I will keep you all updated when we have internet access.

I am obsessively checking the website daily at the moment, so some time away from a computer will be great.

Hopefully DIAC will pick up pace again soon for all those still waiting for their case officers and grants

Edited by jaffas1

I've been thinking about the sudden spurt of COs we've seen last week, and the relative quiet we're now seeing (since I'm a September applicant, I now check my visa application online at least 3 times a day to await ABPF) and to my mind, the delay seems to make a lot of sense.

We've had all CO's working on June 2011 applications only for months; rather than batching based on country/risk or anything else, it's been only June 2011 - now that (almost) all June applicants have COs, the normal batching and allocation speed that we're used to from last year can be resumed.

Based on the large number of COs assigned last week, compared with the number of grants received/visa decisions made, it makes sense that the majority of COs would be processing the applications that they've been allocated in the last week or so; and therefore until we see the number of visa decisions made increase to the approximate level of CO allocations, we can't expect to see CO allocation increase to where they were last week.

It also ties in with a post I read on this thread a few months ago: that the CO-decision timeline seems to move in fortnightly surges: a week of CO applications, followed by a week of grants (or decisions).

We are, to my mind, just seeing a bit of lag in the decision rate due to COs processing all the applications they were allocated last week. I expect to see visa grants pick up toward the end of the week, with CO allocations picking up again midway through next week.

Just my rambling 2 cents' worth.

Patrick

i totally concur with your analysis. makes sense.

Last week we've seen many LR applicants till Sep-11 got CO and this week many HR applicants starting from Jul-11 till Aug-11 have got CO's. There are few HR applicants filed in Sep-11 and didnt get CO's (for instance PatricW ). Hopefully by the end of this week or by early next week all HR applicants till Sep-11 should have CO.

Or it is also possible that all applicants till Sep-11 irrespective of HR and LR countries have CO's but not received any communication from the respective COs.

From everything I've seen/heard, the LR/HR thing doesn't come into play until you have a CO, so it shouldn't impact CO allocation at all.

So...., we should probably start talking about the update. I'm thinking 30 June. Just a shot in the dark with the wide range of CO allocations. Unless I get an email over then next day or so, I KNOW it is not before 13 July (or my file has fallen through the cracks).

Guest obelixous

We got another communication from the CO today. The work experience aspect is now sorted out. The CO has asked to go ahead with PCC and Medicals. So the remaining aspects are:

1. Qualification assessment from Vetassess - Filed Mar 17

2. Medicals - Scheduled for Mar 31

3. PCC - Already have ones issued in mid Jan, contemplating getting new ones. Opinion regarding this is welcome.

We got another communication from the CO today. The work experience aspect is now sorted out. The CO has asked to go ahead with PCC and Medicals. So the remaining aspects are:

1. Qualification assessment from Vetassess - Filed Mar 17

2. Medicals - Scheduled for Mar 31

3. PCC - Already have ones issued in mid Jan, contemplating getting new ones. Opinion regarding this is welcome.

sounds like you're nearly there well done!!

When your CO initially contacted you were you asked for PCC Medicals and work experience to be submitted then or have you only just been asked to submit medicals and PCC.

So...., we should probably start talking about the update. I'm thinking 30 June. Just a shot in the dark with the wide range of CO allocations. Unless I get an email over then next day or so, I KNOW it is not before 13 July (or my file has fallen through the cracks).

If I am not wrong you belong to LR country and you have front loaded medical & pcc as well. CO might be working behind as he/she might not need any additional information from you. Just wait a couple of days more. Heine (15th July HR country) has CO today. Tomorrow could be yours!

Regarding fortnight update I expect at least July 1