New Cat 4 July 1st 2011

Guest cat4july2011

Natsb

Me and Virtual Bajwa have been waiting since August 2007. Please forgive us for being bitter but that is due to being let down multiple times in the past.

Regards,

Rahul

I know... The smile and wink were meant to be very sympathetic.. Its getting closer, and you'll be right at the front of the Cat5 queue whet it starts moving :wubclub:

Nats

Guest The6OfUs
Thanx

That's far too long to be kept waiting! :sad: We've been on the rollercoaster for just over 2 years Rahul, and that's been enough to tip me over the edge!! :goofy:

At that end of it I just hope the Aussies formulate policies that are transparent from the beginning. The waiting would not be bad if it was known from day one but retrospective changes are bad.

That's far too long to be kept waiting! :sad: We've been on the rollercoaster for just over 2 years Rahul, and that's been enough to tip me over the edge!! :goofy:

Hey Rahul,

This is very good. I am noticing you are very optimistic since last one or two weeks. Well, We both can understand the meaning of "waiting".. That's very long. Lots of people got their grant during this period. Some applied 1 , 2 and 3 years after us are serving with their skills to australia. Some of the visa holders in our category are Permanent resident now. And we are still waiting for Temporary residentship. I can not believe until I get the decision as I got the case officer even in September 2009.

A lot of people, myself included, will be very happy when the first post-July 1st applicant gets a CO assigned.

Congrats to all those with new CO's - great news!

Sorry I have been really busy so not kept up to date this week.. But nice to see things progressing. We are just waiting to get our son's new UK passport back (3weeks) then we will book our meds.

I propose an online party when we get out first July11 CO allocated!

Nats

Cheers mattster155. Any chance you could give us some detail?

Name:

Destination:

Date of Visa application:

Nationality:

High/Low Risk:

Trade/profession:

Visa type:

Onshore/offshore:

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable):

Post-14th July Category:

Medicals submitted:

Police check submitted:

Date CO assigned:

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted:

Ditto - I'm a 20th July 2011 applicant (175). Can't wait!!

Cheers mattster155. Any chance you could give us some detail?

Name:

Destination:

Nationality:

High/Low Risk:

Trade/profession:

Visa type:

Onshore/offshore:

Post-14th July Category:

Medicals submitted:

Police check submitted:

Date CO assigned:

Date visa granted:

Hi SHandGH, my details are already included on the first page of this thread (I'm the last entry shown in July 2011). :cool:

Thanks for the update. Have turned you pink on the first page.

hi shandghi

yeah this is twistedspiky mate.....i got my CO on 29 november.....CO only asked for updated form 80.....med n pcc were uploaded b4....but since thn no news from CO.....i m gussing i m stuck with the security check as i m frm HR country....my lawyer said may take upto 6 months....waiting till end feb to contact CO regarding my status.......its very frustrationg waiting for CO n once u get it u realise u got a wait mre!

Guest aussilover

What does Date of employment verification means? Do they actually check with your employer. I haven't told my employer that I am planning to migrate. If they check and if my boss doesn't give me a good reference what will happen :(

Somtimes DIAC will call or e-mail your current or past employer to verify that you work / worked there in the posision you stated on your application. Some PIO members have stated that DIAC have called in person to their place of work, think it was in Czech Republic. DIAC do not seek a character reference only confirmation that you held the position you claim to have held. Don't worry about it. If they do call then you can tell your boss that you applied ages ago and forgot about it. There's a good chance they will not call.

What does Date of employment verification means? Do they actually check with your employer. I haven't told my employer that I am planning to migrate. If they check and if my boss doesn't give me a good reference what will happen :(

Guest aussilover
Somtimes DIAC will call or e-mail your current or past employer to verify that you work / worked there in the posision you stated on your application. Some PIO members have stated that DIAC have called in person to their place of work, think it was in Czech Republic. DIAC do not seek a character reference only confirmation that you held the position you claim to have held. Don't worry about it. If they do call then you can tell your boss that you applied ages ago and forgot about it. There's a good chance they will not call.

Thanks a lot. Feel bit released. I have uploaded a ref letter from my employer. But that was addressed to cima to get my memebership. Oh god help me..

If you're out there please advise if you have any update for us.

Core

NITHESH

pimb

Rebekah

OrchidD

Siealman

3Pirrets2Oz

masvirk

Avioz

twistedspiky

shrijan

Thanks

SHandGH

Hi Shandghi

This is masvirk up and alive at the capital city of Pakistan....sorry for not being very active... I got my CO on 29 november.....CO only asked for form 80 the only thing which I had not front loaded.....since thn no news from CO.....stuck with the security check I guess as am from HR country.... truly said..... its very frustrationg waiting for CO n once u get it u realise its even more frustrating.........wishing good luck to every one out there!

masvirk

Ah OK sorry. Didn't check the front page. Have added you to the spreadsheet. You applied 29 Weeks ago today!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqEBgay7xfFvdEpQS2NMbTItV1o5bTctcE4wa1pVWHc&hl=en_GB#gid=1

Great, thanks SHandGH. 29 weeks - feels like forever! Still, shouldn't complain really, as at the outset was expecting to wait 18 months but hopefully won't have to wait that long...

hi shandghi

this is masvirk up and alive at the capital city of pakistan....sorry for not being very active... I got my co on 29 november.....co only asked for form 80 the only thing which i had not front loaded.....since thn no news from co.....stuck with the security check i guess as am from hr country.... Truly said..... Its very frustrationg waiting for co n once u get it u realise its even more frustrating.........wishing good luck to every one out there!

Masvirk

hey brother!

Really good to c u! U r in the same boat as me!...have u to tried contacting ur co after allocation!..........cuz i have asked few ppl on the thread who r in similar situation who said tht if they r doing external check the co let u knw abt tht...but i havent heard anything so far from mine....hw abt u? I m thinking of contacting my co on 1st week of march.....also in my document cheklist every thing has changed to met except pcc and afp(australian police chek)...hw abt urs brother.....anyway hopefuly we will get it sn..i m expecting may/june...do plz keep updated bro!

Regards reza

You can go ahead and upload your PCC (and meds) before your CO is assigned. Be aware however that your initial entry date is one year from when your PCC or meds are finalised. So, for example, if you are assigned a CO on 01/06/2012 but your PCC is dated 28/02/2012 then your initial entry date will be before 28/02/2013. Some people "front load" PCCs and meds in the hope that doing so might speed up the granting process. Others wait until a CO is assigned. It's a personal choice.

Hi Guys, Can i just use my discretion to go and do the police clearance check or i must wait for a CO to be allocated and request for it ?

No problem. Would you like to share you story with us?

Name: aussilover

Destination:

Nationality:

High/Low Risk:

Trade/profession:

Visa type:

Onshore/offshore:

Post-14th July Category:

Medicals submitted:

Police check submitted:

Date CO assigned:

Date visa granted:

Thanks a lot. Feel bit released. I have uploaded a ref letter from my employer. But that was addressed to cima to get my memebership. Oh god help me..