New Cat 4 July 1st 2011

Guest cat4july2011

Guest The6OfUs
At this rate it will take 5-6 months for them to process June 2011 cat 4 applicants.

I doubt that will be the case...........in reality this is the DIAC's first FULL week back with a FULL office, in many many weeks! All I can say is, those pesky Aussies sure know how to enjoy their summer! :cool:

Now come on and get back to the grindstone!! :laugh:

Guest The6OfUs

Not sure if it was there before todays update, but it seems there is a note on the allocation page with new info to applicants. (probably to make all of us aware of the hurdle they have, before everyone starts chasing them!!):

"A high volume of Priority Group 4 applications were received in May and June 2011. Whilst cases continue to be allocated per week, the limited movement of allocation dates reflect the high volume of applications received during this period. The affected visa subclasses are:

• Skilled – Independent (Migrant) subclass 175
  • Skilled – Sponsored (Migrant) subclass 176
  • Skilled – Regional Sponsored (Provisional) subclass 475"

What worries me is that I am not seeing too many cat 4s getting their COs. Till December we had loads of cat 4 announcing their being allocated COs but I am just not seeing that from the last two months.

Not sure if it was there before todays update, but it seems there is a note on the allocation page with new info to applicants. (probably to make all of us aware of the hurdle they have, before everyone starts chasing them!!):

"A high volume of Priority Group 4 applications were received in May and June 2011. Whilst cases continue to be allocated per week, the limited movement of allocation dates reflect the high volume of applications received during this period. The affected visa subclasses are:

• Skilled – Regional Sponsored (Provisional) subclass 475"

Guest The6OfUs
What worries me is that I am not seeing too many cat 4s getting their COs. Till December we had loads of cat 4 announcing their being allocated COs but I am just not seeing that from the last two months.

Don't get too worried...:hug:.....We will probably start to see the cases they have already started, slowly getting signed off. They can't take on any more cases until!! Plus we are only seeing a snapshot of CO allocations, and grants.....and with the high number of June applications it just may not look like a lot is happening!!

The update is not that good, but at least they're offering an explanation:

Important note:

N/A denotes 'Not Applicable'. There are no GSM visa subclasses within these priority groups.

** Not currently allocating.

A high volume of Priority Group 4 applications were received in May and June 2011. Whilst cases continue to be allocated per week, the limited movement of allocation dates reflect the high volume of applications received during this period. The affected visa subclasses are:

• Skilled – Regional Sponsored (Provisional) subclass 475

So now at least we know why and we don't have to speculate anymore....

Well, we all knew that there were a lot of cases in May and June. What they don't want to put on the update is something like: "and a bunch of us took the month off, so we didn't get around to many cat 4 applicants." Hopefully it starts to pick up as they all come back from holiday.

3 days per fortnight. Jambos u can do the maths yourself.

Yes, I can do the maths and it is frustrating I know this too well having applied end of June-11 and still no co allocation, but if the we had used the orginal forecast time given by DIAC i.e 12-18 months it would be June-12 or even Dec-12 before we got processed. I know which one I would go for!

Thanks Tania, great to hear from you. Sounds pretty stressful. Keep us posted. Can't wait to hear how the story unfolds.

No problem. I really don't think it makes much of a difference whether you are an online or a paper application. It's all about the paperwork you provide with your application. Ours is an online application via an agent and as I recall they also had problems inputting partner details. Timescales are all over the place at the moment with the extremely long summer break. Personally I am thinking like NatsB and will hopefully arrange PCC and meds around mid April 2012 or maybe when DIAC have finished processing July 2011 175 applicants. Either way we will not be doing much for the next few months except monitoring this thread to see how everyone is doing. Keep in touch. SHandGH.

Guest lavache
Hi all,

jus wanted to give you all an update to where i am since we had our visa granted but first would like to say thanks to SHandGh for keeping this cat 4 running.

okay so we shipped our stuff on Thursday the 2nd Feb, we used Seven seas as we were not shipping furniture just personal stuff, we orderd a move cube the cube in size is 1.45m width, 1.11 m length 1.88 height £570 to ship and 299. dollars to pay in Aus for the cube to be checked in this cube we got in 2 bikes, kitchen small items ex pot pans, bedding towels 2 Tv's, fishing stuff , camping stuff, game machines, kids stuff, loads of dvds books cds, loads of shoes, dvd players xbox games, the company came and dropped of the cube at 8:30am in the morning and then came back at 2:30 pm to take the cube away.

We move the rest of our stuff out the evening but was worried as we still had not exchanged contracts, we stayed at my sisters that night and the next day on Friday i went back to the house to move the last few bits and clean up the house and in this time i was phoning the solicitor to see if we had exchanged but no answere on the phone, I finally got through to the solicitor to be told we had exchanged and completed on our property at 1pm and how quick could we hand in the keys so 45 mins later we locked up and handed over the keys, can i just say selling a house is stressful aspecialy when you are selling to move to Aus, i took a week of work at one point as i was really stressed and couldn't function so please be aware, so now we have no home and are staying between familys.

I have booked our flight through IOM imgration for migrants, through doing this they have saved us £1000 on our flight and they have booked us with Emerates and we fly on the 28th Feb at Manchester 8:10pm and land in Aus Brisbane at 6:50 am on the 1st March, so 3 weeks on tuesday we will be on our way.

all the best to you all with your journey and will up date you when we land in Aus

Hi Tania,

Could you give us the web link of IOM, please?

Friends,

We have "Application being processed further" added to our online status.... Guess we have a CO allocated however all our documents show required yet....

Awaiting the CO email for medicals and PCC and our agent has confirmed that he has still not got it so probably in a day or 2.

Once our agent confirms receipt of the email we will do the medicals as the PCC is already with us, so it just has to be uploaded by our agent.

Finally the wait coming to an end...:jiggy:

Great news Honeybun, since yours is 22/06/2011 applicant it means they are allocating COs to end of June applicants.

Friends,

We have "Application being processed further" added to our online status.... Guess we have a CO allocated however all our documents show required yet....

Awaiting the CO email for medicals and PCC and our agent has confirmed that he has still not got it so probably in a day or 2.

Once our agent confirms receipt of the email we will do the medicals as the PCC is already with us, so it just has to be uploaded by our agent.

Friends,

Congratulations! Fantastic news x