Visa condition differences between 475(family Sponsor) and 475 (State Sponsor)

samk6

Hi Dear All,

Are there any visa condition differences between 475(family Sponsor) and 475 (State Sponsor)?

I checked the DIAC Web site. It has mentioned following details. i have few doubt about that.

"Specified Regional Areas

If you apply for a Skilled – Regional Sponsored (Provisional) visa, you and any secondary applicants included in your application must agree to live and work or study in a Specified Regional Area in Australia.

The definition of Specified Regional Area depends on whether you are being sponsored by an eligible relative or nominated by a state or territory government.

State or territory nomination

If you are being nominated by a participating state or territory government, you must agree to live in regional Australia or a low population growth metropolitan area.

See: Regional Australia/Low Population Growth Metropolitan Areas

If you wish to move to another regional area to live and work, you must notify both your current and new state or territory government of this change.

Eligible relative sponsorship

If you are being sponsored by an eligible relative, your sponsor must be usually a resident in a designated area of Australia at the time of the sponsorship. You must also agree to live in a designated area of Australia.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/specified-regional.htm

What is different between " regional Australia or a low population growth metropolitan" and "designated area of Australia".

Please reply me.....

Thanks

Samk6

Guest rex123

Hi Sam,

Wht is happenning here is nobody knows exactly wht is the difference thts why members are not replying to your thread.. In depth in this forum there are only a few members applying for 475 visa and most of them are state sponsored. And other members are not having deep knowledge in this visa class as they are looking for 175/176 or other visa classes. So my advice is to check your concerns with a migration lawyer.

The difference between state sponsored and family sponsored is that first one will get priority 3 and last one will get priority 4 processing.

Rex

Hi Sam,

Wht is happenning here is nobody knows exactly wht is the difference thts why members are not replying to your thread.. In depth in this forum there are only a few members applying for 475 visa and most of them are state sponsored. And other members are not having deep knowledge in this visa class as they are looking for 175/176 or other visa classes. So my advice is to check your concerns with a migration lawyer.

The difference between state sponsored and family sponsored is that first one will get priority 3 and last one will get priority 4 processing.

Rex

thanks rex123 for your reply.... Ya you are correct......

Actually i wanted to know different between the terms of "regional Australia or a low population growth metropolitan"and "designated area of Australia"

samk6

Just because the DIAC site indicates that there is a difference between where you can live and work under the two sponsorships, (e.g. you can live anywhere in Victoria with relative sponsorship but not in Melbourne with state sponsorship) it doesn't necessarily mean that there is a difference. The RMAs who post on here say over and over that you should only take the website as a guide. In cases like this if the difference is important to you, you really should be asking a professional who has access to the fuil regulations

Just because the DIAC site indicates that there is a difference between where you can live and work under the two sponsorships, (e.g. you can live anywhere in Victoria with relative sponsorship but not in Melbourne with state sponsorship) it doesn't necessarily mean that there is a difference. The RMAs who post on here say over and over that you should only take the website as a guide. In cases like this if the difference is important to you, you really should be asking a professional who has access to the fuil regulations

Thank you very much for your reply Ozmaniac. :idea:

Guest lbpbab

Hi samk6,

Maybe I can help you.

Regional Australia/low population growth metropolitan areas includes some postcode, for example for Victoria 3211 to 3334 ,3340 to 3424 .... except Melbourne metropolitan area. But designated area for Victoria says you can live anywhere which means inlcluding Melbourne. So, if your family lives in Melbourne, you can live there. But If you are being nominated by a participating state or territory government - Victoria, you can't live in Melbourne.

I hope this helped.

Hi samk6,

Maybe I can help you.

Regional Australia/low population growth metropolitan areas includes some postcode, for example for Victoria 3211 to 3334 ,3340 to 3424 .... except Melbourne metropolitan area. But designated area for Victoria says you can live anywhere which means inlcluding Melbourne. So, if your family lives in Melbourne, you can live there. But If you are being nominated by a participating state or territory government - Victoria, you can't live in Melbourne.

I hope this helped.

Thanks for information. Really useful:biggrin:

shaikh

The only difference I know is that Designated Sponsored applicants are treated very poorly by DIAC and Regional sponsored applicants are treated with higher priority to later. Look at my application which designated sponsored ,I am waiting since last 4 years.

In other words, according to DIAC regional sponsored applicants are settled in regional areas of Australia where there is very less population. SO they want to develop these areas. While designated areas are already populated with large number of people.

But my question is if they do not want to process designated area sponsored applicants why are inviting to apply such type of visas.

Hi samk6,

Maybe I can help you.

I hope this helped.

Thank you very much for the information lbpbab...:idea:

The only difference I know is that Designated Sponsored applicants are treated very poorly by DIAC and Regional sponsored applicants are treated with higher priority to later. Look at my application which designated sponsored ,I am waiting since last 4 years.

In other words, according to DIAC regional sponsored applicants are settled in regional areas of Australia where there is very less population. SO they want to develop these areas. While designated areas are already populated with large number of people.

But my question is if they do not want to process designated area sponsored applicants why are inviting to apply such type of visas.

Thank you very much for the reply virtual_bajwa. According to New priority changes 475 (State sponsor) visa is at Cat 03. But 475(Family sponsor) visa is at cat 04. Hence family sponsor visa take some time than state sponsor.

Don't worry... your visa will grant very sooon........:idea:

Hi dear All..

I have applied 475 family sponsor visa. I checked the DIAC website and in there they have mentioned that i have to work 2 years as full time in specific regional area. My occupation is Software Engineer.

According to that do i want to find and do a Job as a software engineer?. or can i do any kind of IT(information Technology) related jobs(full time) ?.

Please share your opinions......

Thanks

Samk6 :idea:

If it doesn't state a job then no you can do any full time work as long as you live and work in regional area.

As far as I know the only visas that specify a specific job are the employer sponsored ones or labour agreements.

oh nice to hear that............... Thank you very much rammygirl.........:wubclub:

Samk6

Archived