anybody going to oz in nov?

paigedean

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi! Rachel, I'm Elaine by the way, don't think I put it in my last post, husband is Bill, the kids are Rebecca 15 (in Oct), Alex, he's 13 now and Ben who is 9. You'll be in Pacific Pines too, it looks a nice place and the write ups and peoples comments are always good. I think its a good location not far from the Gold Coast and all it has and I've been looking at schools in the area which seem to be fine. I've been emailing some schools in the area regarding admissions etc and to see what years they will be in from Jan '12, they have all come back with different years, I've heard people say this before that the schools don't seem to know the correct years. Rebecca would be going into Yr10 from September if she were to stay in the UK and Alex would be going into Yr 9, so far they've said Rebecca would be in Yrs 11, Yr 10 and a Yr 9 and Alex in Yr 8, and Yr 9. I always thought they are a Yr behind the UK equivalent, not educationally but the fact that they just number the years differently! Anyway, we'll just see when we get there I suppose. Bill has almost finished his 22yrs in the army and will be looking for work with aircraft as an engineer, we'll be going over on a 176, we've had it for almost 2yrs now (Jan '10) we've just been waiting for Bill to finish, it has seemed like forever, cannot now believe we've booked flights and have a date. We are just trying to book removals now and we are taking the car too, we're not sure about the cat yet, we'll have to wait and see about her.

Its good that you have friends to stay with, no worries there then?? Just hope everything goes ok with the shipping etc and it gets through customs OK. I've started packing things bit by bit, getting rid of lots of things we won't use etc, its a good excuse for a sort out. We're taking most things however and just hope it fits inside a 40ft container. Fingers crossed.

Anyway, Rachel, keep in touch, have you booked flights yet, a good website, what we used, seemed to be the cheapest was www.netflights.com.

Bye for now Elaine:biggrin:

Hi

hope you don't mind me butting in !!!

but my husband is also a licensed aircraft engineer and we are looking around Brisbane, i was just wondering if your oh has a job to go to or are you still looking?

we have our visa but are just waiting to sell our house and then we are off!

my husband is just starting to look now.We have 3 girls aged 12,10 and 7 we have lived in france for the past 5 years so this will be the first time for the girls in an english speaking school.

julie:biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...

we fly out to sydney on 7th november, stay there for 5 days then work our way up the coast to kempsey where we have two nights , then its on to Ipswich where we have 15 nights to secure ourselves up a short term rental in whatever area takes our fancy..looking like springfield lakes at the moment..heard a lot of good things about there :-)

Hi All

Me, hubby and our two girls aged 9 and almost 8 are hoping to move out around this time. (plus one cat - unfortunately leaving one old cat behind as he is almost 15 and very fluffy and it wouldn't be fair to him - much to my dismay)) We have got a PR visa and the house is currently on the market. Not too many viewers the past few weeks though - the estate agents reckon it's due to the Summer hols :err:

We were originally hoping to fly out October time but have been perhaps a little optimistic on the house sale side of things.

We are going to be somewhere between Brissie and the Gold Coast depending on where hubby gets work :biggrin:

Currently de-cluttering everything and getting shippers in for quotes :biggrin:

Good luck to everyone!

• 1 month later...
Guest WilliamsUK

Hi, just a quick update to my posts earlier in this tread. Our visa was approved this morning and we're looking at flights on 17th November. Very excited but also quite nervous! We'll be staying with our friends in Pacific Pines and will hopefully find a rental and be in and settled by Christmas.

Rachel

Guest AZshannon2002

My husband and 2yr old son and myself are arriving in Mackay from the US on 11-20-11.

hope to make new friends.

shannon

Hi, just a quick update to my posts earlier in this tread. Our visa was approved this morning and we're looking at flights on 17th November. Very excited but also quite nervous! We'll be staying with our friends in Pacific Pines and will hopefully find a rental and be in and settled by Christmas.

Rachel

Good luck with booking the flights and with the move. We have 5 wks to go!!!

Guest WilliamsUK
Good luck with booking the flights and with the move. We have 5 wks to go!!!

Thanks Elaine, 26 days until we fly, don't think it's sunk in yet!:smile:

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

hope you don't mind me butting in !!!

but my husband is also a licensed aircraft engineer and we are looking around Brisbane, i was just wondering if your oh has a job to go to or are you still looking?

we have our visa but are just waiting to sell our house and then we are off!

my husband is just starting to look now.We have 3 girls aged 12,10 and 7 we have lived in france for the past 5 years so this will be the first time for the girls in an english speaking school.

julie:biggrin:

Hi! Julie,

No Bill has'nt found a job as yet, sending CVs off etc. I think it will be a lot easier on the job front once we get to Bris. There seems to be a fair amount of jobs relating to aircraft engineer so not too concerned at the moment. Great about the girls being fluent in French, you may find it hard to find a school that does French they seem to do Italian and Japanese. My daughter Rebecca enjoys French at her present school and would have liked to have carried it on but does'nt look as though she will be able to. We have 4 weeks tomorrow, until we fly out, removals come in two. Its getting very close now but still looking forward to it all.

How are your plans coming along, keep in touch.

Elaine, Bill, Rebecca (15, Alex (13) Ben (9)

Guest Karenphil67

Hi

We are leaving for Brisbane tomorrow morning arrrgggghhhhhh!!!! We are staying in Carina for a couple of weeks but then going to the gold coast as i have secured a job there which i start on 21st November. Just have to secure a rental around that way.

Its been such an emotional week and I cant wait wait to get on that plane now. Its just me and OH coming out and hopefully my grown up daughter will follow soon.

Good luck to everyone xxx

Hi! Julie,

No Bill has'nt found a job as yet, sending CVs off etc. I think it will be a lot easier on the job front once we get to Bris. There seems to be a fair amount of jobs relating to aircraft engineer so not too concerned at the moment. Great about the girls being fluent in French, you may find it hard to find a school that does French they seem to do Italian and Japanese. My daughter Rebecca enjoys French at her present school and would have liked to have carried it on but does'nt look as though she will be able to. We have 4 weeks tomorrow, until we fly out, removals come in two. Its getting very close now but still looking forward to it all.

How are your plans coming along, keep in touch.

Elaine, Bill, Rebecca (15, Alex (13) Ben (9)

Hi Elaine

we are planning to go in jan just getting quotes now for shipping.Simon is a little worried to go without a job first,but i'm sure it will be fine!

Still trying to sell the house not sure we will.The girls can't wait they get an extra summer holiday!

good luck with the move

julie:hug:

Guest jimkenward12

Hi Im moving to the Gold coast on the 28th November on my partner visa, im 24 years old wont have any mates there so if theres anyone who loves football and beer as much as me let me know :biggrin:

Hi Elaine

we are planning to go in jan just getting quotes now for shipping.Simon is a little worried to go without a job first,but i'm sure it will be fine!

Still trying to sell the house not sure we will.The girls can't wait they get an extra summer holiday!

good luck with the move

julie:hug:

My kids are excited about getting another summer holidays too, Bill is'nt too worried about the job scene, he will look at anything to be going on with until he gets what he is after, once we are there we can really start looking. I'm open to anything too, I'm a qualified UK nurse but have been out of practice for a while whilst bringing up the kids. I'll need to update but in the meantime I'll do any job, schools, care work, not going to stress over it really. Bill may get some leads for Simon as we will be out there first, so keep in touch, you never know what turns up.

On the house front, we own a few properties in the UK but are keeping hold of them for a few more years until the market picks up a bit, they are providing an income for us at the moment, the mortgage rates are very low, so no hassles there.

We've moved so many times now as Bill is just about to finish his 22yrs in the army, its just another posting for us so looking at it like that, this will be our 10th move.

Take care and keep in touch.

Regards

Elaine :jiggy:

Hi

We are leaving for Brisbane tomorrow morning arrrgggghhhhhh!!!! We are staying in Carina for a couple of weeks but then going to the gold coast as i have secured a job there which i start on 21st November. Just have to secure a rental around that way.

Its been such an emotional week and I cant wait wait to get on that plane now. Its just me and OH coming out and hopefully my grown up daughter will follow soon.

OMG!!!! TOMORROW!!!! best of luck, you can relax a bit now surely, all that hard work done, you deserve a 'pat on the back'. We'll not be far behind, 4 wks today!!!! We are staying at Ashmore Palms holiday village for 8wks before securing a rental and maybe staying on the GC or going up the other way to North Lakes/Mango Hill, depends on what we think of the areas. How old is your daughter?? I'm sure once she has visited she will decide to come over!!

Best of Luck anyway, enjoy your flight!!

Elaine :jiggy:

Hi

Hope all goes well for you :biggrin:

Flying out to Perth on the 25th November! Staying in East Perth for the first while till we get a rental sorted out! Looking at SOR but close to jandekot!

Loads to do just now, from selling CD's to sorting out mail! Non stop!

Still can't wait!

How can you bear to sell your CD's? I shipped out all my 45's and LP's.

Archived