What year will my Son be in WA?

cartertucker

It's his date of birth which is important, not the year he is in in a foreign country's education system. This will help http://www.det.wa.edu.au/education/ece/calculator.html

Thanks Quoll ~ Great help :cute:

It states: Child can start Year One in 2009

So, if he were to start school in January 2012 ~ That would be year Year 4, am I correct? :wideeyed:

Thanks Quoll ~ Great help :cute:

It states: Child can start Year One in 2009

So, if he were to start school in January 2012 ~ That would be year Year 4, am I correct? :wideeyed:

In order for your child to be in year 4 in 2012 then the birthdate should be between 1st July 2002 and 30th June 2003. My daughter is the same age.

Guest tandcmum

it's strange how it varies by age, as my daughter will start year 4 here in Scotland but will actually go into year 3 in Oz as her birthday is october 2003

Saying that the school system is even different here in Scotland than it is in England...lol

it's strange how it varies by age, as my daughter will start year 4 here in Scotland but will actually go into year 3 in Oz as her birthday is october 2003

Saying that the school system is even different here in Scotland than it is in England...lol

Perth school year used to be determined on how old your child was that school year. But they changed around the year 2000 - so that it was how old your child was in July rather than Jan, even though the school year starts in Jan still. It's a bit confusing. I think it was done to move in line with the eastern states.

You will notice on www.myschool.com.au for the napalm tests - wa scores less than the eastern states. Many people think this is because for most of these years that have been tested - wa kids are about a year younger than the eastern states kids. This should start to correct itself soon as the 2000 kids move have their yr 5 tests.