Expensive Oz!

emmaroo

Guest The Ropey HOFF

We have had rubbish weather throughout our better weather months, for eeeeeeeeeeeeever here in the uk, i can't use the term ......... summer because summer conjures up thoughts of hot sunny weather for days, weeks, even months and that hasn't happened her since 1976 and i would take nice dry, sunny weather for just 2 months say in july and August each year, you know something to look forward to, something guaranteed, but again this year we are coming towards the end of july and the last 10 weeks have been RUBBISH, RUBBISH, RUBBISH, cloudy, cold, grey and miserable.

Guest Hatton
We have had rubbish weather throughout our better weather months, for eeeeeeeeeeeeever here in the uk, i can't use the term ......... summer because summer conjures up thoughts of hot sunny weather for days, weeks, even months and that hasn't happened her since 1976 and i would take nice dry, sunny weather for just 2 months say in july and August each year, you know something to look forward to, something guaranteed, but again this year we are coming towards the end of july and the last 10 weeks have been RUBBISH, RUBBISH, RUBBISH, cloudy, cold, grey and miserable.

Hoff, every other one of your posts are about the weather :cool: get a life man and get out and enjoy yourself rain or shine, you are like an old women sometimes. :tongue:

two_old_women_chat_on_the_doorstep_manchester_1624115.jpg

Hoff, every other one of your posts are about the weather :cool: get a life man and get out and enjoy yourself rain or shine, you are like an old women sometimes. :tongue:

hehe - leave the Hoff alone, its a little quirk that makes us British :P :laugh: (said with BIG grin on face, just in case that gets taken the wrong way :D )

two_old_women_chat_on_the_doorstep_manchester_1624115.jpg

I know where Hoff is coming from though. The weather used to make me feel cold, grey and miserable most of the time in the UK. That's why we'd save up for months to go to Spain, Portugal, Greece for a couple of weeks.

Used to get back to the UK after these holidays and as soon as I would drop through the clouds, landiing in Manchester, Derby or any other UK airport I would be thinking that's it for another year, start saving up again.

It's not that I was depressed or used to stay in or anything in the UK. I used to windsurf, play soccer every weekend, squash, gym, run. It's just that doing any of those things, in nice weather was just so much nicer (apart from squash I suppose). Once you have been somewhere that has nice weather, you've realised that such places exist and how you feel when you're there, it was a no brainer when we had the chance to emigrate.:cool:

Guest The Ropey HOFF

The weathers been crap again, i think i will have a barbie, or a dip in the pool, or go for a swim in the sea, or .................. someone shoot me. lol

Guest Hatton
The weathers been crap again, i think i will have a barbie, or a dip in the pool, or go for a swim in the sea, or .................. someone shoot me. lol

I know the weather is better in Oz but we have to get on with what we get, We have has some beautiful weather in Cornwall this year along with some heavy rain....but if you stopped doing things because of the weather you would never do anything Hoff :cute:

I am a "half full" gal and always find ways to enjoy myself rain or shine.....we had a barbie last week and although it was peeing down it was warm and humid so we just got the marquee out and had the bench in their to eat, had a good time with a little bit to much plonk :goofy:

Guest The Ropey HOFF

We have had no real decent weather up here in sunnyless yorkshire, its been a tad better down where you are, i want a proper summer thats all, its not asking for much and the only way i will get it is by emigrating.

Guest Hatton
We have had no real decent weather up here in sunnyless yorkshire, its been a tad better down where you are, i want a proper summer thats all, its not asking for much and the only way i will get it is by emigrating.

I agree if you are a sun lover then Oz fits the bill, where are you going to in Oz Hoff?

Guest Hatton
Wherever the wife decides we go and at present it is ............ the uk.

Thats the way it should be :tongue:

stock-photo-man-under-the-thumb-18600227.jpg

Why does you better half not want to go yet Hoff?

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Its the thought of her having to leave her family ........... i can't argue with that, she loves Australia like me, but she knows we have 3 and a half years left on the visa and she doesn't have to make the big decision exactly now, so .............. i sit and wait and .................. yes i will freely admit it ............ she's in charge. lol

Guest sh7t man no way

must admit over the last 3-5 years in oz the cost of living has got a bit over the top--still if you shop around it balances itself out--most products are basically the same you just pay more for the fancy packageing,and brand name

• 2 weeks later...

Archived