Timescale from receiving SS to being granted 176 visa

Breezer

Hi

Can anyone shed any light on how long the process takes from being granted SS and then applying for a 176 visa until the DIAC grant your visa?:unsure:

I was initially led to believe that it would take a couple of months or so but it now appears with the changes announced by DIAC for 1st July 2011 that it will be between 12-24 months.

For anyone who applied for their 176 visa pre 1st July 2011 it looks as though we are not excempt from the above timescales. Our agent is looking into it but he believes this is the current situation.:arghh:

Can anyone confirm or counter the above?

Regards

Breezer

Guest siamsusie

Hi Breezer,

Bumping your post for you. If you dont receive any replies, maybe we can move it to the Migration Thread for you.

Best wishes

Susie x

Morning Beezer,

We are in the same situation as yourself. We too lodged our visa in June, then saw the new changes stating 12-24 months.

The Diac website has altered their table stating that low risk countries are processed in 12months, so thats a little better.

However, saying all this, I am following the lodged in June 2011 thread which you should join. It is showing really encouraging timeframes for us, as people who lodged in June, many have a CO, and a couple actually have a visa!!!!

My agent stated the Diac info to us, but I am holding out loads of hope that we will be processed much quicker!!!!

i statred the procedd in 2008 and only just had my visa granted. Its been a very bumpy ride but at the moment its the best its ever been.

Not much words of wisom but mearly words of comfort. Just get in the system and save up! Ive seen the doller go from $2.50 to $1.50 and Oz house prices boom by 50-75%!!?? Ouch.

But, It will be all worth it in the end!

Guest hrimmer3011
Hi

Can anyone shed any light on how long the process takes from being granted SS and then applying for a 176 visa until the DIAC grant your visa?:unsure:

I was initially led to believe that it would take a couple of months or so but it now appears with the changes announced by DIAC for 1st July 2011 that it will be between 12-24 months.

For anyone who applied for their 176 visa pre 1st July 2011 it looks as though we are not excempt from the above timescales. Our agent is looking into it but he believes this is the current situation.:arghh:

Regards

Breezer

Hi, we applied to DIAC on 18th May 2011, got a C/O on 27 May, meds done on 24th June and Visa granted 4th July. This was a SS 176 PR visa. Timescales seem to be all over the place The Rimmer's

Hi

Regards

Breezer

We received our SS in November 2009, our Meds were requested in December 2010, Visa granted in January 2011. Hope this helps! Let me know if you need any more information. Jay and Jen.

Hi All

Many thanks for your reply.

We have been assigned a CO and have our medicals booked for 29th July 2011. From your feedback and with fingers crossed we could be granted our visa within a couple of weeks of our medicals being approved.

Really appreciate your feedback and well done to those that already have their visas granted.

Breezer

Archived